9th September 2011, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

What can I do to score good marks in GATE? How to manage the huge syllabus?

now a day i m prepearing for GATE (M.Tech) .but i m not study syriously.also i m afred from big big syllabus, i want to do...........? what can i do for good result.........??????????????????

20th September 2011, 05:22 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What can I do to score good marks in GATE? How to manage the huge syllabus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
now a day i m prepearing for GATE (M.Tech) .but i m not study syriously.also i m afred from big big syllabus, i want to do...........? what can i do for good result.........??????????????????
In your case there is need to worry a bit because you need to lot of hard work and a serious determination and will to crack the GATE entrance examination is required for you.

Then only you can aspire for cracking GATE exam

getting qualified in GATE and doing M.Tech in a normal college is not that great.. Cracking GATE with high score and rank and being placed in IIT's for better future is important.

If your aim is not that high then it is better to drop your plan to write GATE exam only.. because it is not worth of your 1000/- investment towards registration.

but giving an dummy attempt will just give you a question paper experience. For that experience it is not correct to invest 1000 bucks nearly ..

you can attempt Online GATE Mocks if you want experience.. anyways.. as you told you are not that interested studying such a huge syllabus.. that too pure technical syllabus.. i can understand it as a tough job but there will be no choice for you.. if you want to crack it with a good score then hard work is the only. way.

you have to build interest towards GATE entrance exam.. Doing M.tech normal colleges is waste of time.. you have to atleast able to get into top 100 colleges of india to do M.Tech if not possible then its real worst.. to do this after your b.tech.

its better to search job instead of wasting another 2 more valuable years.
so now if you are determined and inspired to get seat in IIT's then

->Go and join in good coaching centers. that will automatically develop interest in you.

->Make good desired friends who will help you in learning.

->be ready to burn midnight oil.

->The sweetest fruit is success you have to achieve it with 100 times more sour hardwork.

->Divide and study your syllabus.

->Don't at all over or under estimate competition.

->Be very smart while preparing.. productive studies will only give you good opportunities.

So this is all what I want to say to you about GATE Entrance exam.

all the best for your choice..

Regards

~aditya~
20th September 2011, 05:49 PM
prakashrockster

Thumbs up Re: What can I do to score good marks in GATE? How to manage the huge syllabus?

steps to get high marks in gate exam:

1 Collect the syllabus for the exam, plan a schedule depending on the wieghtage of subjects given.

2 Gather more material.

3 concentrate on the subjects from which questions are expected more.

4 Take more and more tests, analyze every test result, identify your weak area and prepare well to rectify it.

5 As the exam is based on the concepts of engineering, gain a thorough understanding of the topics with the help of text books and reference books.

6. Practice more and more previous year question papers which will
give some idea about the model of the questions.
20th September 2011, 06:05 PM
S R S

Default Re: What can I do to score good marks in GATE? How to manage the huge syllabus?

i appreciate from Aditya's answer that he did...
But regarding my views than my answer for ur Question is this:
1. First of all u should do hard work rather than getting too much tention for GATE exam...
2. Do ur study on ur mind approach not to study whole day and night...
3. Yes u should divide huge syllabus.
4. Don't take tention during ur study leave every thing and give ur full concentration to ur study.
5. On the night of test, don't study be relax and in morning go and appear in test INShALLAH u will do better because ur mind will be relax and u may do ur test best.
6. What the people say about u is not ur job, just continue ur hard work and leave others' thoughts.
May Allah give u Success in ur aim and life....
20th September 2011, 06:53 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do to score good marks in GATE? How to manage the huge syllabus?

hi..the syllabus of gate is huge for sure but its very easy to get an good rank in the gate examination even if you are an average student.what you have to do is that once see the previous years papers of the gate examination and come to terms with the pattern of the examination ,one very interesting thing that is there is that there are 15 marks from mathematics and 15 marks from the aptitude part and both these two parts are not that hard in the gate examination and hence it is very easy to score in these two parts,any student should try to score maximum from these two parts ,
when coming to the core subjects there is no need to study all the subjects from your engineering there are some subjects which are very important specially the third year subjects and the maximum number of questions will be asked from these subjects only and hence you should really concentrate on these subjects ,follow this strategy there is even no need of coaching and you need not be an super genius to get an good rank in gate examination ,even an average student can get an very good rank
20th September 2011, 07:10 PM
saugata2008

Plane for success at GATE exam -
1. 3 to 4 month of serious study should be sufficient for preparation .
2. In the first run study all the topics as per syllabus .
3.In revision concentrate on selected topics .
4.Try to solve previous year papers .This will give you a idea about your preparation level .
5. Fill up the gap by extra study .
6. Try to take up practice tests .

It will be very good if you can follow separate books for each subject otherwise follow the books of G.K.Publication .

Thank you
20th September 2011, 09:03 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Some Important Tips:

1:According to me,maintain a time table to allow yourself to devote minimum 6-8hrs per day for the GATE.

2:Then try to collect the base or main material of any subject.

3:.Study the Syllabus

4:Try to solve the Previous questions papers

5:Try to Solve more and more problems,

6:Try to discover more and more new own tricks by which you can easily solve any problem in a less time .

7:You can go for self tests.

for any tips click on :[COLOR="Navy"]http://www.onestopgate.com/gate-prep...ps-n-trics.asp[/COLOR
20th September 2011, 09:31 PM
meeepriya

dear

dont take negative u have read over all gate syllabus.

->Go and join in good coaching centers. that will automatically develop interest in you.

->The sweetest fruit is success you have to achieve it with 100 times more sour hardwork.

->Be very smart while preparing.. productive studies will only give you good opportunities.
20th September 2011, 09:34 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Some Important Tips:

1:According to me,maintain a time table to allow yourself to devote minimum 6-8hrs per day for the GATE.

2:Then try to collect the base or main material of any subject.

3:.Study the Syllabus

4:Try to solve the Previous questions papers

5:Try to Solve more and more problems,

6:Try to discover more and more new own tricks by which you can easily solve any problem in a less time .

7:You can go for self tests.

for any tips click on :[COLOR="Navy"]http://www.onestopgate.com/gate-prep...ps-n-trics.asp[/COLOR
20th September 2011, 09:41 PM
meeepriya

dear

dont take negative u have read over all gate syllabus.

20th September 2011, 11:07 PM
praveendia

gate graduate aptitude test for engg.as ur saying ur not taking seriously and scared of big syllabus.first ask a question u really want to go for gate or just time pass.if really than leaves casual behaviuor towards studies.nothing is big trt to procceed one by one every thing is controllable.
21st September 2011, 12:52 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to appear in GATE exam, It is good decision to appear in GATE exam.

If you able to crack the exam then you will be helpful from every sides...

To crack the exam you have to study seriously.. You have to clear your all doubts..
Try to make the base strong and gather more knowledge..

You can also solve previous year questions of GATE.. Which will help you to get an idea about the exam pattern..

You can prefer books like - GATE by GK publishers..
It will help you a lot..

Talking about the syllabus , then do not try to cover the whole syllabus, just go for a particular portion of a subjects from where the questions come frequently..

And do not read throughly.. read a particular portion of a subject and after that try to solve questions from that particular topic..

You can also go for coaching classes..
They will help you to prepare yourself for the exam..
They take frequent mock tests by which you will gain confidence..
beside this they will provide you study material to clear your doubts..

So, go for it.
All the best.
21st September 2011, 01:51 AM
anshuljain143

Smile Re: What can I do to score good marks in GATE? How to manage the huge syllabus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear,
in current scenario m-tech is very important and for good college for mtech is important,then follow these steps for scoring more...

*Collect the syllabus for the exam, plan a schedule depending on the wieghtage of subjects given.

*Gather more material.

*concentrate on the subjects from which questions are expected more.

*Take more and more tests, analyze every test result, identify your weak area and prepare well to rectify it.

*As the exam is based on the concepts of engineering, gain a thorough understanding of the topics with the help of text books and reference books.

*Practice more and more previous year question papers which will
DO last year papers for scoring more then you have!!!!!

GOOD LUCK
21st September 2011, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

show best coaching institutes in ernakulam for gate coaching so that i can get a good gate score
2nd January 2012, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

hi,can u help me how to get good score in gate for self preparation give me best suggestion
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?