7th June 2010, 06:56 PM
manoli malap

What course should I opt for becoming a lawyer after my 12th(Arts)?

my daughter is studing in syjc arts.her subjects are French,English,Political science,logic I,II ,economics. she wants to become a lawyer. please guide me in this regards. thank you

26th February 2012, 01:20 PM
harshadg

Smile Re: What course should I opt for becoming a lawyer after my 12th(Arts)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoli malap View Post
my daughter is studing in syjc arts.her subjects are French,English,Political science,logic I,II ,economics. she wants to become a lawyer. please guide me in this regards. thank you
Being a lawyer is one the most reputed professions in our country. To become a lawyer you will have to pursue LLB,after which you can also do post graduation in law-LLM.
You can give the CLAT exam,which helps you secure a seat in one of the top 14 law universities of the country,if you pass the exam.
To be eligible for CLAT,you must have obtained atleast 50% in 12th exam from a recognised board. Also candidates who have appeared in the 12th exam and are awaiting results are also eligible for giving the exam,but candidate must have passed qualifying exam at time of admission,and must be able to submit proof.
You can visit this link for more information-http://clat.ac.in

Many other reputed private and government law colleges conduct their own entrance exam for admission into the course.
Some colleges also directly admit students on basis of 12th marks.
For Previous years question papers and application form information of CLAT,visit-http://clat.ac.in/notice.aspx

Best wishes to you,
11th April 2013, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What course should I opt for becoming a lawyer after my 12th(Arts)?

now i study in 12 class .after 12 i want to become a lawyer ?????please guide me in this regards. thank you
13th April 2013, 10:22 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If your daughter wants to become lawyer then she will have to apply for the graduation course known as integrated LLB. The duration of this course is 5 years and it is currently offered by majority of law colleges in the country.

The integrated LLB course is for students who have completed 12th standard. There is no need to first complete graduation for this course since it integrates a bachelor course like BBA, B.Com, BA with the LLB course.

This is the reason why the duration of this course is 5 years. The other course is LLB which has duration of 3 years. But this course is for the candidates who have completed graduation.

Since your daughter is completing 12th, she should apply for the integrated LLB course. To do so, she will have to appear for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) conducted for the National Law Universities (NLU).

Eligibility

1. Complete 12th standard in any stream.

2. Secure 45 percent marks in 12th standard.

3. SC/ST need 40 percent in Class 12th.

4. Her age should not be more than 20 years.

5. 22 years is the age limit for SC/ST.

6. No relaxation for the OBC.

It is important that your daughter has completed 12th when she applies for the Common Law Admission Test. At the time of applying, she will have to present the documents related to completing 12th standard.
4th May 2013, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

my daughter did her 12th but unfortunately she failed in her exams.shez having 3 baclogues and now she wanted to become a lawyer in this condition what should i do..please guide me. Thank you.
5th May 2013, 01:03 AM
vkghanghas

llb is best after 12th,you can appear CLAT exam
5th May 2013, 11:45 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my daughter did her 12th but unfortunately she failed in her exams.shez having 3 baclogues and now she wanted to become a lawyer in this condition what should i do..please guide me. Thank you.
First your daughter has to pass her class 12th exams.
She need to give the exams again and pass all the papers.

After passing class 12th, she can appear in the CLAT written tests

For admission to the National law colleges you have to give the CLAT or Common Law Entrance Test

Educational Qualifications required to sit in this exam is: 12th Pass with Minimum 45% marks
Age- Maximum age to apply is 20 years

Questions will be asked from the below sections in the written test:
English including Comprehension - 40 marks
Legal Aptitude- 50 marks
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) 20 marks
Logical Reasoning – 40 marks
General Knowledge/ Current Affairs – 50 Marks
10th May 2014, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

What course should I opt for becoming a lawyer after 12th (maths)?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?