4th January 2020, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

What course to study after completing my Diploma ECE?

Hi, I am pursuing my Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE). After completion of this Diploma I would like to study further. So, which course would be best for me? Can I get into direct 2nd year of B.Tech on the basis of Diploma?

6th January 2020, 11:35 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What course to study after completing my Diploma ECE?

Yes, you can get into direct second year of BTech on the basis of diploma through lateral entry test.
Since you completed diploma in ECE. You do not mention that you do diploma after 10th or 12th. If you do diploma after 12th then you have many option. If you take science in 12th then you can do graduation in maths, physics, chemistry or pass course BCA, BSc.
8th January 2020, 04:17 PM
Afna Sulaiman

Default Re: What course to study after completing my Diploma ECE?

If you have secured 60% (asked by most universities) of marks in diploma after pursuing 10 or 12 ,you can go for lateral entry test to directly get into the the 2 year of BTech (3rd semester).Lateral entry tests are conducted by the respective universities and colleges.You can apply for the test from the last semester of diploma onwards.There must be some seats reserved for students to enter through lateral entries. It is better to continue the stream if you are truly interested.Since you have almost covered the general idea about the stream and got the practical aspects related to it , it would be easy for you to crack the exam and enter into the professional degree.The chance of completing the course is high!
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?