20th March 2020, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

What are the courses available in India and abroad for Astrophysics?

Hello, I am very confuse to what to do after 10th to become an Astrophysicist. I am not able to decide what to do in 11th and 12th standard to do my further study. And, is it better to study abroad for to study Astrophysics as compared to INDIA? If yes, so what is the procedure to study Astrophysics in abroad?

22nd March 2020, 06:39 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the courses available in India and abroad for Astrophysics?

If you are looking to pursue higher education in Astrophysics, then you can pursue course B.Sc. in Astrophysics.

Its a 3-year duration under-graduation course in which you will study chemical and physical properties of celestial bodies of the universe.

To be eligible for pursuing this course, you need to complete your 11th and 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognized Board with at least 50% marks in aggregate.

Some of the top university where you can pursue this course in India includes:
  • Osmania University, Hyderabad
  • Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam
  • Punjabi University, Punjab
Astrophysics in Abroad

However, if you are looking to pursue this course abroad, then you can take admission in following Universities. They also offer the same course but their syllabus could be different from Indian universities.
  • University of Toronto
  • Boston University
  • University of Hawaii - Manoa
  • San Diego State University
  • Princeton University
  • University of Canterbury
  • Yale University, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?