23rd December 2011, 01:55 PM
Hariprasad Nair Kentz

What is the criteria of ranking students in various entrance examinations in case of a tie score?

In Kerala or all India entrance exams, how it's been calculated the rankings?
for example:- If 30 students scored same level of marks then who will be the first rank holder and who will be the last and for others in which order it's been awarded?

19th April 2012, 11:46 AM
mrrudeaka
Junior Member+

Default Re: What is the criteria of ranking students in various entrance examinations in case of a tie score?

hello dear,
the ranking criterion is very simple,i can explain it by taking an example,
if 2 students named Sanjay and Ram scored same marks in any exam then the rank is been awarded to Ram and then to Sanjay.The reason behind it is due to starting alphabet of their names.Even in anycase tie occurs in name then the age is checked and then the rank is awarded to elder one.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?