25th October 2019, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

What is the cut-off to apply for IIT JEE entrance examination?

Hi, I have passed my 12th Board exams in this year from Science stream with PCM subject combination and scored 72.4% overall. Am I eligible to apply and write the IIT JEE entrance examination? When is the next IIT JEE entrance exam going to be conducted? What is the last date to apply for the same?

31st October 2019, 02:05 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the cut-off to apply for IIT JEE entrance examination?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is held twice every year by NTA (National Testing Agency).

Further, for appearing in JEE, you are required to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with PCM group from a recognized board of education. Meanwhile, for appearing in JEE for getting admission in GFTIs like IIT, NIT, IIIT, etc., the overall aggregate in Class 12th must be at least 75%( or 65% marks in case of reserved category). Further, candidates failing to secure 75% marks overall but still managing to be among the top 20 percentile candidates of their concerned board of education are also eligible.

So, having completed your Class 12th with 72.4% marks, you are eligible for JEE as well as for admission in IIT, NITs, and other GFTIs if you come among the top 20 percentile candidate of your concerned board of education on the basis of your marks in Class 12th.

The next JEE Main is scheduled to be held between 06.01.2020 to 11.01.2020 and the last date for filling an application for the same was 30.09.2019.

For details and updates regarding next JEE, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?