28th February 2018, 01:04 PM
Aanchal sharm

What are the educational, physical and other entrance exams requirements for applying to IAS or District Collector exams?

My question is what type of education is required for a District Collector? I have passed 12th in commerce stream. When I will give the exam and in which age?
What subjects is necessary for to become a D.C.? Please tell me in how many years we complete I.A.S?

3rd March 2018, 07:24 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the educational, physical and other entrance exams requirements for applying to IAS or District Collector exams?

Recruitment of District Collector is conducted after proper training of IAS Officers.

To become an IAS Officer, you will have to crack Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC every year once.

To be eligible for this exam, firstly you will have to complete graduation in any field from recognized college.

Also, you can appear for this exam if you are final year of graduation.

You can appear for this exam after the age of 21 years.

Note that after crossing upper age limit, you won't be able to appear for Civil Services Exam.

Upper Age Limit:
General: 32 years
OBC: 35 years
SC/ST: 37 years
Physically disabled: 42 years

To crack this exam, you will have to pass three stages:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview

Training for District Collector may take upto 2-3 years. The training often takes place in Lal Bahadur Shashtri Training Academy located in Mussoorie.
3rd March 2018, 08:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the educational, physical and other entrance exams requirements for applying to IAS or District Collector exams?

To become an I.A.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify for Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidates in the final year of bachelor degree can also apply for the examination.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for examination. But, the examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages for final recruitment.

So, you can do the preparation for examination as according to syllabus of the examination. For detail information regarding the examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd March 2018, 09:18 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

IAS is Indian Administrative Services. The recruitment to this service is done through Civil Services examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree passed or studying in final year of bachelor's degree.

Minimum age required to apply for exam is 21 years.

You need to focus on subjects like History, Geography, Civics, Economics etc. You can start your preparation from now so that you crack in first attempt.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?