13th December 2019, 07:31 PM
kanimozhiyuvaraj

What is the educational qualification required for District Education Officer post?

Hi, I have completed M.Tech with 4 years teaching experience in a school & I am 31 years old now. Am I eligible for the post of District Education Officer (DEO)?

14th December 2019, 06:46 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the educational qualification required for District Education Officer post?

To be become a District Education Officer, the candidates should have minimum educational qualification of graduation with at least 50% marks along with Bachelor of Education 2 years degree course.

Minimum age should be 21 and maximum should not exceed 40 years in the year of examination.
However, age relaxation in upper age limit is provided to reserved category students.
14th December 2019, 08:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the educational qualification required for District Education Officer post?

Educational Qualification

Candidates should have done graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.

B.Ed is mandatory.

If you have these two qualifications then only you will be eligible to apply for the post of district education officer.
14th December 2019, 10:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria are as follows:-

Age limit:-
Required age limit should be 21 years to 35 years qualification.

Educational qualification:-
You must have BTC form district resource centre.
Master's degree from any of the recognised University with 50% aggregate and 45% aggregate for SC / ST candidates.

Selection procedure :-
Selection should be done on the basis of academic qualification and interview.
14th December 2019, 11:14 PM
Lijishaf

The educational qualification required for DEO is the candidate should be a graduate from any recognised university /board. Also the candidate must lie in between the age group of 21-40 years (unless belonging to reserved category)
14th December 2019, 11:19 PM
Hydroponicpali

NO you are not eligible for District Education Officer as your age is over.

The eligibility for Educational Officer are...

Educational Qualification: 12th standard or equivalent or higher from recognized university or board. Age Limit: Candidate should have attained 18 years & should be below 27 years. Candidates can claim age relaxation if he/she falls under and considered category.
15th December 2019, 12:42 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To become District Education Officer (DEO), you should have completed Graduation in any discipline from any recognized institute/university.

Age limit:
  • Your age must be between 21 years and 40 years.
  • Relaxation in age is offered as per government rules.

Selection of DEO
Selection of candidate to this post is based on State Civil Services Exam which is conducted every year.

For qualifying this exam, you need to qualify these stages:
  • Preliminary Exam (Objective Type and Multiple Choice Questions)
  • Mains Exam (Conventional Type Questions)
  • Personal Interview

Since, you have completed M.Tech so as per your qualifications, you are eligible for this post.
17th December 2019, 05:42 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

Yes you are eligible for the post of District Education Officer (DEO). But you have to appear in entrance exam and have to qualify to get the post of DEO.
**The DEO post fill by state level civil service exam.
**The Maximum age limit for state level civil exam is 40 years for general category+ 2 years for OBC and +3 years for SC/ST.
2nd August 2022, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

I am a zp teacher. I have complete ed 45 years.. Im in nt b cost. Can i exam the deo
12th January 2023, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

I m studying in fsc .after fsc which filed I join for I become a deo
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?