24th November 2012, 01:56 PM
stunninshana

What is the eligibility for CDS and AFCAT?

i did b.tech till 5th sem in regular..then had some problems,nw continuing my sems from distance education in karnataka state open university.im in final year.am i eligible for CDS/AFCAT??

8th December 2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the eligibility for CDS and AFCAT?

I am in pre-final year,aeronautical stream,can i appear for cds exam in this february 2013?
16th October 2014, 01:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in pre-final year,aeronautical stream,can i appear for cds exam in this february 2013?
No, Pre final year candidates are not eligible for CDS exam but final year candidates are eligible for CDS exam.

The educational qualification and age criteria for CDS exam is given below-

Indian Military Academy:- You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. Your age should be between 19 to 24 years.

Air Force Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics or B.E./B.Tech in engineering or technology. Your age should be between 19 to 23 years.

Naval Academy:- You need to complete your graduation in engineering or technology or you can do B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics. Your age should be between 19 to 23 years.

Officer's Training Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution. Your age should be between 19 to 25 years.

For more details about CDS exam and Application process, you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th April 2015, 07:47 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunninshana View Post
i did b.tech till 5th sem in regular..then had some problems,nw continuing my sems from distance education in karnataka state open university.im in final year.am i eligible for CDS/AFCAT??
The eligibility needed for CDS and AFCAT are mentioned below for your reference:

ELIGIBILITY FOR CDS:

Nationality:

>> Nationality standard needed is citizenship in India

Age limit:

>> Age limit needed is 19-24 years for IMA.

>> For Indian Navy is 19-22 years

>> For Indian Air Force it is 19-23 years

>> For OTA it is 19-25 years

Educational Qualification:

>> The educational qualification needed for IMA and OTA is degree from a recognized university.

>> For joining in Indian Navy it is engineering degree.

>> For joining in IAF, candidate need to have completed a degree with physics and mathematics as subjects.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for CDS exam

ELIGIBILITY FOR AFCAT:

Nationality:

>>The candidate need to have citizenship in India.

Age limit:

>> For joining in Ground duty branch is 20-26 years.

>> For Technical branch it is 20-26 years

>> For Flying branch it is 20-24 years.

Educational qualification:

>> Candidate should have completed a degree for joining in ground duty branch.

>> For joining in Technical branch candidate should have completed Aeronautical engineering from a recognized university.

>> For joining in flying branch the candidate need to have completed a B.E/B.tech degree in any stream from a recognized university.

If you satisfy the criteria's for the respected branch, you can apply for it.
14th April 2015, 07:59 PM
poojasingh151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CDS stands for the Combined Defense Services. This exam is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria:

~~Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university to appear for the CDS exam. Even in final year you can apply for the exam.

The age limit for Indian Military academy is 19-24 years, for INA is 19-22 years, for IAF it is 19-23 years and for OTA is 19-25 years.

No, you cannot appear for the CDS exam being a final year candidate of engineering.

For the Air Force Common Admission test, you must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or in final year of it. The age limit is 19-25 years.

For more details visit: www.careerairforce.nic.in.
15th April 2015, 03:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunninshana View Post
AFCAT is the Air Force Common Admission Test. The eligibility criteria for AFCAT is :

Bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or science from a recognized university.

The age limit is 19-25 years for all candidates.

This entrance exam is conducted by Indian Airforce two times every year.

CDS: Combined Defense Services

Bachelor's degree in any stream for Indian Military academy and Officer's training academy from a recognized university.

The age limit for IMA is 19-24 years and for OTA it is 19-25 years.

Bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics for candidates for Indian Naval academy and Air Force academy.

Age limit for INA is 19-22 years and for AFA is 19-23 years.

Official website: www.upsc.gov.in.

No, you can not apply for any of the above entrance exams being a fifth semester exam.
15th April 2015, 11:46 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

The minimum eligibility to fill the applications form of CDS is graduations from any authorised university of India.

In CDS there are three sector/fields which are as below--->>

MILITARY ACADEMY,AIR FORCE ACADEMY AND NAVAL ACADEMY.
All the three fields have their own eligibility and importance

Education Qualification for the CDS ( all) is--->>

Military Academy :--- Graduations Degree from a recognized University.
Air Force Academy :-- Graduations Degree with Physics and Mathematics as subjects from a recognized University.
Naval Academy :--Graduations degree with Physics or Mathematics from a recognized University.
Officer Training Academy :-- Graduations Degree from a recognized University.

Age requirements are-->>

Military Academy :: minimum 19 years and maximum 24 years.
Air Force Academy :: minimum 19 years and maximum 23 years.
Naval Academy :: minimum 19 years and maximum 22 years.
Officer Training Academy :: minimum 19 years and maximum 25 years.

You need to please visit the official website of UPSC which is www.upsc.nic.in

The minimum educational qualification for the AFCAT is graduation from any recognised university of India and Final year dtudents are also eligible for this.

Some of the other criterai are as below:--->>

1.He should have minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level or B.E./B.Tech degree (4 year course) from a recognized university.
2.Only unmarried candidates are allowed.
3.He should be an Indian.
4.should be excellent in English
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?