27th December 2018, 07:22 PM
Subhradebdutta

What is the eligibility criteria for appearing in CSIR NET exam?

I have completed M.A in Geography in the year 2018. Does this degree makes me eligible for appearing in Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) NET exam?

31st December 2018, 05:58 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for appearing in CSIR NET exam?

CSIR NET stands for Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted for science stream post graduate candidates for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.

Candidates who have done master's degree in science with minimum of 55% marks or more can apply for NET exam of CSIR. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

Arts stream candidates can apply for NTA NET exam.
31st December 2018, 11:34 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

CSIR stands for Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualifications required for CSIR NET exam:-

1) Candidates must have qualified their Post-Graduation degree with at least 55% marks from any recognised university.

2) 50% marks relaxed for SC/ST category students.

3) Nationality:- Indian.

4) Age:- 28 years for JRF and there is no age limit for Lectureship.
31st December 2018, 12:18 PM
akhilking

Eligibility criteria for appearing in CSIR NET exam:-

>>Candidates must be an Indian National

>>Candidates should have M.Sc. or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.

>>The Maximum age is 28 years upper age limit may be relaxable up to 5 years in case of SC/ST/Persons with Disability(PwD)/ female applicants and 03 years in case of OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) applicants.
31st December 2018, 12:27 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Master of Arts in Geography candidates can not apply for Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility for CSIR NET examination:

Academic qualification: Post graduation in science stream from a recognized university.

Minimum percentage of 55% marks required in master's degree is required.

Science stream post graduation candidates can apply for CSIR NET examination.
31st December 2018, 02:49 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of CSIR is Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.

1. CSIR conducts National Eligibility Test for science stream candidates. Only M.Sc candidates with minimum of 55% marks can apply for CSIR NET exam.

2. MA passed candidates in geography must apply for UGC NET exam.
31st December 2018, 03:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for appearing in Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test is post graduation in science from a UGC recognized university. Master of arts post graduates are not eligible for CSIR NET exam.

Master of Arts candidates need to apply for UGC National Eligibility Test. Minimum of 55% marks in master's degree is required.
31st December 2018, 05:37 PM
praveenyoutuber

Eligibility Criteria. Education Qualification: Candidates should have M.Sc. or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates.

Thanks
1st January 2019, 12:29 AM
stutiswet2

Yes, post graduates who have secured at least 55% marks in their post graduation course are eligible to apply for CSIR NET Exam.

5% relaxation is given to reserved category candidates. If you meet the above requirements, then you can apply for CSIR NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?