27th December 2017, 11:12 AM
SaralaSannn

What is the eligibility criteria for TET?

My name is Sarala and I have completed B.Sc in Nursing degree a 4 years course. Can I appear for TET?

29th December 2017, 09:26 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for TET?

No, being a B.Sc. Nursing candidate, you are not eligible to appear in TET examination. To be eligible to apply for TET Paper-1 examination for teaching classes I-V, you should have passed Senior Secondary examination with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of Diploma in Elementary Education.

To be eligible to apply for TET Paper-2 examination for teaching classes VI-VIII, you should have passed Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of Diploma in Elementary Education or first year of Bachelor in Education.
29th December 2017, 09:49 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of TET is Teacher Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for TET course:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in education to be eligible for Teacher Eligibility Test.

After Bachelor's degree in Nursing, you need to pursue B.Ed course to apply for TET. In bachelor's degree, you should have 50% marks to apply for B.Ed course.
29th December 2017, 10:18 AM
ankjkv

First of all, I would like to explain about TET. It is an eligibility test for teachers who are going to teach in government schools up to junior level. It's full form is Teacher Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for TET.

1. Candidate should have completed bachelor's degree in any stream with two years B.Ed or BTC course or one year B.Ed special course.

2. For doing B.Ed, candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in Bachelor's degree.

Since, you have not done such type of courses like B.Ed or BTC you are not eligible for appearing in TET exam.
29th December 2017, 11:37 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

TET refers to Teacher Eligibility Test and same is an entrance examination held for recruitment of teachers in school funded by government.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in TET having completed your B.Sc. in Nursing degree course then I would like to let you know that for appearing in TET you need to have pursued professional teaching degree courses like B.Ed. ( Bachelor of Education ) or D.El.Ed. ( Diploma in Elementary Education ) along with your regular academic degree courses.

Hence if you hold a professional teaching degree course along with your regular academic degree course then you are eligible for appearing in TET otherwise you first need to pursue same degree course first to be eligible for appearing in TET.
29th December 2017, 08:04 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Teacher Eligibility Test with your B.Ed degree.

Because, As per educational qualification, must require Graduation in any stream with B.Ed course with minimum of 50% as aggregate then only eligible.

As you are completed Graduation with B.Ed course with graduation so, you are eligible.

Must get minimum of 60% score cut off to get eligibility for job in Entrance test.

Syllabus for TET examination:

Environmental Studies

Mathematics

Language I

Language II

Child Development and Pedagogy.

Contact your regional education office for latest information on the examination notification.

ALL THE BEST.
29th December 2017, 09:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test. It is an entrance examination for job of teacher in government schools. The academic qualification required to apply for TET is bachelor's degree and bachelor's degree in education. It means that you must be a graduate as well as bachelor's degree holder in education.

To become eligible for TET exam, you need to pursue Bachelor of Education. You must have 50% marks or more in bachelor's degree in nursing to apply for B.Ed course.
29th December 2017, 10:06 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test and as the name suggests same examination is held for recruitment of teachers in various government funded schools.

--> The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in TETs are as here under :-

* For becoming teacher upto Class V, you need to have completed your Class 12th as well as your D.EL.Ed. ( Diploma in Elementary Education ) with 50% marks from recognized institute. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

* For becoming teachers of Classes above V, you need to have completed your graduation degree in any stream followed by B.Ed. ( Bachelor of Education ) degree course from a recognized university.

So having completed B.Sc. in Nursing degree you are eligible for TETs only if you have pursued D.El.Ed. or B.Ed. degree course as mentioned above.
29th December 2017, 11:35 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for Teachers Eligibility test are:-

Senior Secondary or equivalent with minimum 50% marks from a recognised schooling board.
2year diploma in elementary education ( Primary & Elementary classes)
Bachelor degree/Graduation in B.A/B.Sc/B.Ed.

As you completed B.Sc course in nursing thus you are eligible for TET exam.
30th December 2017, 12:51 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

First of all you have to complete B.Ed then only you will be eligible to apply for TET.
Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must have completed their graduation from a recognized university.
Candidate must have completed their B.Ed from a recognized university or college.
Candidate must have scored at least 45% aggregate.
There is no upper age limit required.
30th December 2017, 01:12 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

To appear in TET examination, you have to first complete B.Ed course in your desired stream.

Eligibility criteria for TET are:-

Candidate must have completed B.Ed course from any recognized institute.

Candidate must have scored at least 45% to 50% in B.Ed course.

Candidate's age must be under 21 years to 45 years.
31st December 2017, 09:16 AM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

TET is the Teacher Eligibility Test conducted by central government and every state government to recruit teachers for Class I-V and Class VI-VIII.

Paper I : For Class I to V
Paper II : For Class VI to VIII

TET Eligibility

For Paper I
- You must have passed senior secondary with at least 50% and passed or appearing final year of 2 year diploma in elementary education or 4 year of bachelor in elementary education from a recognized university.
- You must have passed graduation and passed or appearing final year of 2 year diploma in elementary education or B.Ed from a recognized university.

Paper II
- You must have passed graduation and passed or appearing final year of 2 year diploma in elementary education or B.Ed from a recognized university.
- You must have passed senior secondary with at least 50% and passed or appearing final year of 4 year B.A.B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
25th January 2022, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

B SC Nursing is eligible for writing Tet exam
16th November 2022, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

I have done my Graduation In BSC Radiology and advance imaging technology. And I have done post graduation in MBA( HR and marketing) can I eligible to do B.ED.? And Tripura TET examination?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?