1st March 2018, 10:57 PM
gokulkrishnaa

What is the eligibility and how to apply for Optometry course?

Which course are available at graduate level to study Optometry? What is the eligibility criteria for those courses? How to apply for those course? By which dates should I apply and what will be estimated cost?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility and how to apply for Optometry course?
  2. Future career prospect and starting salary after B.Sc Optometry? Whether Ophthalmology course can be done after Optometry?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for B.Optometry or B.Sc Optometry after completion of diploma in optometric technician?
  4. Is it possible for me to get job after completion of Optometry from Mugavari school of Optometry?
  5. Minimum marks required in 12th to study Optometry Undergraduate course in any Government college of Kerala? Scope and differences among B.Optometry and B.Sc(Optometry)?
  6. B.Sc in Ophthalmology is available in which university?
  7. Which course to take between B.Sc Optometry and B.Sc Nursing? What are the job opportunities in future?
  8. Which is better to study in Post Graduation among Optometry and Ophthalmology for B.Sc(Optometry) graduate?
  9. How to apply for Bachelor of Optometry? Entrance exam and fees?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria required for admission in LPU to pursue Optometry course?
  11. What are the scholarships available for doing B.Optometry?
  12. Where to apply for Diploma in Optometry course? Scope and opportunities for higher studies?
  13. Eligibility to study Bachelor of Optometry in ADN Institute of Paramedical Science and Hospitals? -- [New]
  14. What can I do after completing BSc Optometry? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to become an ophthalmologist after completion of B.Sc Optometry?
  16. Is it possible for me to do higher studies in abroad after comlpetion of B.Sc Optometry course?
  17. What is the eligibility to study 4 years optometry course in Tamil Nadu?
  18. Which one is best among IELTS, CAT, SAT, GRE and GMAT?
13th May 2018, 01:56 PM
sha2nk90

Default Re: What is the eligibility and how to apply for Optometry course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokulkrishnaa View Post
Which course are available at graduate level to study Optometry? What is the eligibility criteria for those courses? How to apply for those course? By which dates should I apply and what will be estimated cost?
Bachelor's of Optometry is the course you are looking for. It is a Science which deals with the eye care that includes diagonosis, treatment, examination etc. Bachelor's of Optometry is a four year course, admisssion to which is given after you clear the entrance exam.

There are below mentioned universities which offer the course :

>> AIIMS, New Delhi

>> Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune

>> NIMS University, Jaipur

>> SRM University, Kanchipuram

>> Manipal University, Manipal

Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
10+2 from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects.

Course Duration: The Course Duration will be of 4 years. The exam pattern will be annual.

Admission:Admission is granted on the basis of Entrance exam followed by counselling.

Course Fee:
Course fee is 3-4 Lacs.

Average Salary: Average salary is somewhere around 4-5 Lacs in a year which increases as you gain experience.
15th May 2018, 10:55 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility and how to apply for Optometry course?

Optometry courses in Graduation level:

>>B.Opto( Bachelor of Optometry)
>>B.Sc( Bachelor of Science)

Eligibility:

>> Candidates should complete class 10+2 in science stream with PCM. They should secure minimum 55% marks at aggregate to get admission in the above mentioned courses in good colleges.

Procedure to Apply:

>>Visit the official website of the college in which you want to study.
>> Fill the application form and pay the required fees online and submit the form.
>> The college will make a merit list on the basis of class 10+2 performance or the entrance exam conducted by the college authority. If you are selected, then you will study there.

Fees:

>> The fees of above mentioned courses will vary colkege to college. In average, it will cost 2 to 6 lakhs rupees(INR) for the full course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?