3rd May 2015, 08:52 AM
manasamaroni

What is the eligibility for taking coaching for IES exam?

I am b.tech 2nd year student iwant to take ies coaching. Am I eligible for doing so? Can you please provide me the complete eligibility information? I just need to know if am eligible to do and join the coaching class soon. Hoping for the reply soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Which is the best IES coaching center in bangalore? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to do IES coaching after passing B.E civil Engineering? Best IES coaching institutes in India
  3. Which centers in Delhi provide IES coaching?
  4. List of coaching institutes in banglore for IES examination
  5. To crack IES exam which is better between Coaching and Self Student?
  6. When will be the right time for me to start taking coaching for IES or GATE Exams being a candidate of 1st semester of B.Tech?
  7. Is there any online coaching for IES exam? Are 4 months enough for IES exam? Preparation tips for IES exam?
  8. How to clear IES exam with a top rank? Is IES Academy Delhi a good coaching institute?
  9. Is it possible to get IES rank without coaching after completing B.Tech in ECE? Books to be referred?
  10. Should I join any correspondence course or any institute for IES preparations in Kakinada (AP)?
  11. Required Eligibility criteria to appear for IES Exam in Civil Engineering? What syllabus should I prepare for this Exam? Top Coaching Centers for this Exam?
  12. What is the criteria to get selected in the best coaching centre for IES?
  13. How to take IES coaching in Hyderabad after pursuing B.Tech final year?
  14. How to prepare for IES mechanical Engineering? How many attempts are allotted for the exam? Is there any IES coaching center in Pune?
  15. Can i clear IES exams without coaching? Best coaching institutes?
  16. List of top institutes available for IES Coaching in Delhi or Noida?
  17. Best coaching centres for IES in Pune? I am working in a software company in Pune and want to crack IES exam
  18. Previous 10 years solved papers of IES exam? Best coaching institutes to crack the exam?

3rd May 2015, 11:36 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for taking coaching for IES exam?

IES stands for the Indian Engineering Services. This is one of the best entrance exams for engineers conducted by UPSC every year.

Let me tell you that there is no eligibility criteria for joining coaching institutes for preparation of Indian Engineering Services. Yes, you can join the institutes for preparation from second year of engineering.

MADE EASY is the most preferred institute for preparation of GATE and IES exam. Most of the candidate join after third year of engineering, however if you have time you can join now as it will be better to practice more and more in final year of engineering for exam.

Eligibility criteria:

1. Academic Qualification:

Bachelor's degree in Engineering of technology from a recognized university. Candidates having done master's degree in science or its equivalent with wireless communication, radio physics or radio engineering are also eligible to apply.

Final year candidates can also apply for the exam. So you can apply for the exam in final year of engineering.

2. Age criteria:

The general age limit is 21-30 years. Relaxation in upper age limit applicable to OBC and SC/ST candidates.

For any more details regarding IES exam, Click here .

3rd May 2015, 12:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasamaroni View Post
I am b.tech 2nd year student iwant to take ies coaching. Am I eligible for doing so? Can you please provide me the complete eligibility information? I just need to know if am eligible to do and join the coaching class soon. Hoping for the reply soon. Thanks!
Yes, 2nd year student are eligible to get admission in IES coaching center.

List of the best IES coaching center for IES exam:-

Engineers Institute of India
(A team of IES & GATE Toppers)
28B/7, Jia Sarai (Near IIT),
Hauz Khas , New Delhi 110016
Ph. 0-9990657855 , 9891181190
E-mail: [email protected]

IES Academy
25 , Jia Sarai, Near IIT, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi – 16
Ph: 011 - 26537570,
Mob: 09810958290

IES GATE PSU Coaching In Delhi
Ground Floor 28, Jia Sarai, Near IIT, Hauz Khas
New Delhi
011 2652 8213

Shar Study Circle
28, JIA SARAI, NEAR IIT,
NEW DELHI-110016
Ph: 26529998, 26528213, 9818652587
E-Mail:[email protected]

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years

3rd May 2015, 01:55 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
You can join the coaching at any point of your time of your graduation. You are completely eligible for the coaching.
The eligibility condition for taking the Indian engineering services examination is as follows,
You need to be a graduate in any of the following engineering stream, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electronics and communication engineering and electrical engineering.
The age for giving the engineering services examination is 21-30 years for the general category and a relaxation of 3 and 5 years is given to the obc and the sc/st category respectively.
Thanks

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?