30th April 2020, 07:38 PM
SANTANU KUMAR Rout

What is the Graduation cut-off for applying to the CAT entrance exam?

I have obtained 53 percent in graduation in honours but my aggregate is 49 percent. Am I eligible for CAT examination? And, when is the upcoming CAT exam going to be conducted?

5th May 2020, 11:55 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the Graduation cut-off for applying to the CAT entrance exam?

The eligiblility to appear for CAT examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with minimum 50% aggregate relaxation for reserved category.

So, if you have scored less than 50%, you are not eligible to appear in the examination.

There is no notification regarding the examination 2020.

Entrance examination is conducted for the admission in the MBA course in premier institutions.
5th May 2020, 02:55 PM
Mantun Bhai

Default Re: What is the Graduation cut-off for applying to the CAT entrance exam?

The minimum percentage of marks in aggregate required in graduation degree for appearing in CAT (Common Admission Test) is 50% (which is relaxed to 45% in case of candidates from SC/ST and OBC category candidates).

So, having managed 49% marks in aggregate in your graduation degree course, you are eligible to apply for CAT only if you belong to either SC/ST or PH category.

Further, there is no official update regarding the date of upcoming CAT examination i.e; CAT 2020. But, based upon past year trends you can expect the same to held in December 2020 and the official advertisement for the same to be released in August 2020.

For updates regarding the same examination, you can visit the website www.iimcat.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?