7th August 2016, 02:57 PM
Hariraghav110

What if I am the only one who is interested in joining the IAF from my college? Where and when will the interview be held?

Sir, what if I am the only one who is interested in joining the IAF from my college? Where and when will the interview be held? And how can I come to know about it?

7th August 2016, 07:25 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What if I am the only one who is interested in joining the IAF from my college? Where and when will the interview be held?

If you are interested in joining the Indian Air Force you have to appear and qualify in NDA or CDS examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC and the examination is conducted in two stages. So, you have to qualify in both stages for selection. The eligibility to appear for CDS examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in technology /mathematics /physics or engineering. The age limit is 19-23 years.

So, if you have above qualification you can appear for CDS and qualify in it for selection in Air Force or other defence wing. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th August 2016, 08:42 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What if I am the only one who is interested in joining the IAF from my college? Where and when will the interview be held?

There is no need to join Indian Air Force as a group of students from the college, you can individually join Indian Air Force if you have interest. To join Indian Air Force, you have to appear in NDA examination conducted by UPSC.

You have to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below to be eligible to appear in NDA examination :-

=> You should be a citizen of India.

=> You should have attained minimum age of 16.5 years and maximum age limit is 19 years.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board.

=> You should be an Unmarried Male Candidate.

=> You should be physically as well as mentally fit.

If you qualify the NDA written examination, you will be called for further rounds like Interview, Document Verification, etc.,. If you perform well in all the rounds of the NDA examination, you will be selected into Indian Air Force.
7th August 2016, 08:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

There is no option for direct interview calling unless and until you qualifies in the written stage of examination conducted for recruitment in Indian Air Force.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that the candidate must have passed B.Tech/B.E or even the Bachelor of Science in Physics or Mathematics. The age limit to appear for examination is 19-23 years. Candidates must be physically and mentally fit.

So, if you have above qualification you can appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?