4th September 2017, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

What is the importance of class 10th maths marks for applying in DU for BMS course?

What is the importance of class 10th maths marks for applying in DU for BMS course? Is it ok if I have less marks in Maths? Can you please give me the details on the same? What is the minimum criteria they will look for? Awaiting for the response.

5th September 2017, 10:38 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the importance of class 10th maths marks for applying in DU for BMS course?

The minimum eligibility criteria to get admission in BMS course is 12th standard from any well affiliated school board. Also being a general candidate, you must have to score at least 60% marks in 12th class. However, if you belong to reserved category, then you are eligible to apply BMS course after scoring 55% in 12th standard.

You can apply for admission by clicking on below given link:
http://www.du.ac.in/

So, there is nothing bad if you scored less marks in maths in 10th standard. Try to score better in 12th to get admission in BMS course in DU.
6th September 2017, 12:08 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the importance of class 10th maths marks for applying in DU for BMS course?

To get admission in DU for BMS a candidate needs to fulfill following criteria-

A candidate must be 12th passed .
Admission will be done on the basis of your marks only.
A candidate must have minimum 60% marks in English, mathematics, and two other subjects defined by DU.

For SC candidates there must be minimum 55% of marks.

There will be no impact of your class 10th marks on admission.
Only class 12th marks will matter.
12th September 2017, 06:42 PM
19Amanpreet
Member+

The eligibility criteria for BMS course under DU is to have cleared the Senior Secondary School Certificate or CBSE or any other exams recognized by DU.
Percentage of marks required are- General/OBC: at Least 60%, minimum for SC/ST:50%, CW/PWD: minimum 54%.
Admissibility criterion varies according to the courses by various colleges under DU which conduct their respective admission tests through the DU JAT.

Thus marks of class 10 are not taken into consideration.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?