28th August 2020, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

What is the JEE Mains cut-off for admission in NIT, Rourkela?

I have scored 65.5 percentage in my 12th board which is less than 75 percentage. Will I get an admission in NIT with JEE Mains rank of 1000 for Biomedical Engineering and my caste is OBC-NCL? And, if there is any other way to get admission in NIT, Rourkela than please let me know.

30th August 2020, 11:38 AM
r082959

Default Re: What is the JEE Mains cut-off for admission in NIT, Rourkela?

Hello All
It depends upon the branch, gender and category.
NIT-Rourkela is a very good NIT and haveing more competenstion because of it's good infrastructure, faculty and Placements.

You can find the list of cutoff from below URL
https://www.collegedekho.com/colleges/cutoff-national-institute-of-technology-rourkela

Best Wishes

Bharath
30th August 2020, 12:08 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Now the criteria of minimum 75% in 12th class is not applicable to take admission in NIT / IIT through JEE . Only thing which matters is your rank in JEE.
In your case if your rank is in under 1000 in JEE Main than you will get Biomedical engineering in NIT Rourkela because of your OBC-NCL Category.
30th August 2020, 11:57 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

NO,academic score an entrance exam both have equal importance to prepare merit list.
For NIT,educational score is 75% and while counseling we can predict whether the chance re there or not a rank does not give assurance for the admission seat
I suggest to wait for the counseling session,atten it,mean while try for other university to be in safe side
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?