14th December 2010, 08:43 PM
atul07 shukla

What kind of jobs are available for B.Tech freshers in Indian Railways?

i want to know about the jobs which are available in Indian railways for B.Tech freshers?

Related Questions:
  1. Exams held by Indian Railways for B.Tech freshers? Various posts vacant for freshers?
  2. What would be best for me after passing MCA, Government or Private Sector?
  3. What kind of jobs are available for Mechanical engineers in Indian Railways?
  4. What kind of jobs are available for a 12th passed Commerce students in the Indian Railways? -- [New]
  5. Will there be any chance for me to get Government Job having completed Diploma in Computer Engineering with 73%?
  6. How to get a job in Indian Railways after completing B.Tech computer science with 55%?
  7. How can I apply for Railway exam being CSE final year student?
  8. Vacancies for B.E(IT) freshers in Indian Railways? Examinations conducted by indian government?
  9. Jobs in Indian Railway after completing B.Tech with 55% in Computer Science and Engineering?
  10. Any job vacancy for freshers of B.E ECE in Railways? Which entrance exams to answer?
  11. Jobs in Indian Railways (technical or non-technical) after MCA? Is it a good career for women?
  12. Government jobs for B.Tech Civil Engineers freshers in AP?
  13. What kind of jobs are available for BCA students to get into Railways?
  14. What are the jobs in Indian Railway after completing BSc with 60%
  15. Any opportunities for B.Tech Biotechnology students in Indian Railway? Can I try other jobs in Indian Railway which are unrelated to Biotechnology?
  16. How to apply for Railway exam after studying B.E?
  17. Posts for freshers in Indian Railways after clearing IES?
  18. How can I get a good railway job ? I have completed my 12th and want to face railway exam -- [Most Discussed]
15th December 2010, 12:13 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Default Re: What kind of jobs are available for B.Tech freshers in Indian Railways?

1)What are the Exam for B.Tech student in Indian Railway?

· Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers (IRSME)

· Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE)

· Indian Railways Stores Service (IRSS)

· Indian Railway Service of Signal and Telecommunication Engineers (IRSSE)

· Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE)

Best of luck
15th December 2010, 01:28 AM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: What kind of jobs are available for B.Tech freshers in Indian Railways?

Hello dear

as you have completed your B TECH you are eligible to apply for

Section Engineers
Jr. Engineer
Supervisor

posts in railways these are good posts with good pay scale .

all the best
15th December 2010, 07:39 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: What kind of jobs are available for B.Tech freshers in Indian Railways?

hi dear , it is good for you to join INDIAN RAILWAY you can apply for ground job ,likereservation counter , engine master,and any officer job, technical area all the best for your future
15th December 2010, 04:57 PM
prashantsrmbi

Default Re: What kind of jobs are available for B.Tech freshers in Indian Railways?

jobs in indian railway for a fresher B.tech student is depend on branch.
for mechanical and civil engineers there are more jobs as compared to others .
in railway u can apply for the sectional engineers ,junior engineers.
some of the exam is conducted by UPSC in all the branch's students are eligible.
15th December 2010, 05:10 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

The technical departments in Railway Jobs require civil, mechanical, electrical and telecommunication engineers and other professionals.

They are recruited by UPSC through the Combined Engineering Service Examination.

The type of jobs available for fresh btech garduates are:
Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE),
Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE),
Indian Railway Services of Signal Engineers (IRSSE)

The UPSC also conducts a Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA) Exam annually. Approximately 50% of the vacancies in the Indian Railway Service Mechanical Department are filled through the SCRA Examination.
15th December 2010, 05:37 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

junior engineer jobs are there in the indian railways for the b tech fresher
15th December 2010, 06:05 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

dear friend the best job in railway for b.tech fresher is IES(indian engineering services). but there are some limitation as is not available for candidates having branch-computer science and information technology.
for your help i had attached a file containing the full detail of criteria and pattern of exam. just see and decide whether you are elligible or not for this exam. good luck
Attached Files
File Type: docx IES Eligibility Criteria.docx(12.1 KB, 157 views)
16th December 2010, 06:38 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
jobs are available for B.Tech freshers in Indian Railways
Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers jobs are available for B.Tech freshers in Indian Railways(IRSME)

good luck.
26th January 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

is there any job opportunity in gov sectors like railways for B.tec biotechnology students?can they apply for railways or other indian gov ingineering services?? plz reply with the full details . thanking you
4th February 2011, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

sir, Iam a 2nd year B.E. mechanical engineering student. I like to work in railways after completing my B.E. can you please send me the details of the exams(pattern of the exams,books to be referred etc).
12th February 2011, 06:49 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Some of the examinations you can go through as a Graduate are:-

Civil Service Examination:-Through this exam you can choose a job either in Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS) or Indian Railways Accounts Service (IRAS)

RRB examination for Non-Technical Cadre:-In this examination which is of Group C you can get jobs in some of categories like Traffic Apprentice,Assistant Station Master,Office Clerk,Junior Accounts Assistant,Accounts Clerk...etc.

Some of the exams you can go through as a B.tech fresher are
:-

Combined Engineering Service examination:-Through which you can get selected for posts like Assistant Engineers in the following departments like Indian Railway Service of Engineers(IRSE),Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE),Indian Railway Services of Signal Engineers(IRSSE) and Indian Railway Store Service(IRSS)

RRB examination for Technical Cadre:-You can go through this exam for posts like Train Examiners, Health Inspector,Apprentice Assistant Chargeman,Data Entry Operators, Apprentice Wireless or Telecom Maintainer,Health Inspector Grade,Electrical Signal Maintainer..etc
23rd February 2011, 05:51 PM
jincy eapen

These are some of the sample jobs offered to the btech students in INdian Railways
Ministry of Railways ( Railway Recruitment Board ) is having vacancies for the posts of Section Engineers (1661 Posts) & Junior Engineers (4325 Posts).

Through its Centralised Employment Notice No. 05/2010 , the public sector firm is inviting Applications for filling up the posts of Section Engineers , Junior Engineers , Depot Meterial Superintendent Grade I & III , Senior P Way Supervisor of various Zonal Railways.

Indian Railways

Last Date for receipt of application : 05.04.2010

Applications in the prescribed format are invited from eligibile Indian Nationals for filling up of the following posts in different Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs). Application should be sent directly to the respective RRBs.

Applications are invited from eligible Indian Nationals for the following posts.

* Section Engineer :

Number of Posts : 1758 posts in various RRBs in various trades in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 grade pay Rs.4600

* Junior Engineer :

Number of Posts : 4450 posts in various trade in various RRBs in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 grade pay Rs.4200

* Junior Engineer :

Number of Posts : 294 posts in various trade in various RRBs in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 grade pay Rs.4200

Application Fee : Interested Candidates have to pay Rs.60/- in the form of IPO / DD in favour of Assistant Secretary of concerned RRB where candidate wants to apply.

Application Procedure : Application in the prescribed format should be send to the Assistant Secretary/ Secretary/ Member Secretary of the concerned RRB where candidate want to apply on or before 05/04/2010. Candidates can also apply online at respective RRB websites.

The detailed advt. is published in the Employment News dated 06/03/2010 and it is also available at the websites of all the Railway.

Click Here For complete details,Application format and to method Applying

Signup and Upload resume for more job Opportunities
Exp IT Professionals Required. Upload CV On Shine!

Similar Posts

* Join Indian Railways as Research Engineers | Railway Recruitment no. 07/2010 | Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Instrumentation, Electrical & Metallurgical Engineers vacancy | March 2010 | Last date 26 April 2010
* Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) | 391 posts | Government job February 2010 | Engineers recruitment in BMRCL | Apply Online | Last Date 6th March
* Damodar Valley Corporation Limited (DVC) : Recruitment of Junior Engineers | 298 posts | Government job | December 2009 | Apply Online
* KRCL Konkan Railway Corporation Limited | Government Jobs | October 2010 | Civil Engineers | Last Date: 15 November, 2010.
* UPSC : Vacancy for Engineers | Engineering Jobs in UPSC | Officers Grade posts in UPSC | May 2010 | Advt. No. 09/2010 | Union Public Service Commission | Last Date 28/05/2010
3rd March 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

sir,Iam a final year civil engineering student ,will u please suggest me some exams of indian railways and also possible dates of those exams
7th March 2011, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

sir I have done my textile enggineering n i want job in railway,so plz suggest me wat i hav to do for this job
27th March 2011, 01:48 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,

Thanks
14th April 2011, 11:06 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

I think...
you try for Junior Engineer
Supervisor
and Section Engineer....
18th April 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

date of issue of forms
21st June 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Is there any scope for BTECH IT freshers in INDIAN RAILWAYS??
Guidance would be appreciated
6th July 2011, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Hi,

[QUOTE=ramakant sharma;272674]

I have written exam for CEN 05/2010 for the post Junior Engineer(Signal). When can I expect the result?
12th July 2011, 10:10 PM
nakhuda143

job for civil engg fresher
21st July 2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul07 shukla View Post
i want to know about the jobs which are available in Indian railways for B.Tech freshers?
I dont know how to apply the job just give the details for my mail [email protected]
23rd July 2011, 07:09 AM
Unregistered

sir,
I have b.tech and m.tech degree but no diploma. Can i apply for the post of junior engineer in indian railways?.
24th July 2011, 06:34 AM
sachin756

hi,

I have b.tech and m.tech degree but no diploma, can i apply for the post of junior engineer?
24th July 2011, 07:17 PM
sachin756

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarpravir007 View Post
junior engineer jobs are there in the indian railways for the b tech fresher
can b.tech graduates apply for junior engineer post in indian railways?, without having diploma degree.
24th July 2011, 09:45 PM
aroy8091

dear friend

the exam available for the fresher in INDIAN RAILWAYS are:-

best of luck
26th July 2011, 09:52 AM
sachin756

can b.tech graduates apply for junior engineer post in indian railways?, without having diploma degree.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/what-kind-jobs-available-b-tech-freshers-indian-railways-60291.html#ixzz1TB6Pxq3B
21st August 2011, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,im rohit ranjan and this yrs completed b.tech frm electrical.my ques.hw to preprd for govt job.
23rd September 2011, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: What kind of jobs are available for B.Tech freshers in Indian Railways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramakant sharma View Post
Hello dear

as you have completed your B TECH you are eligible to apply for

Section Engineers
Jr. Engineer
Supervisor

posts in railways these are good posts with good pay scale .

all the best

May I know when are the exams for the above post in 2011?
30th September 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

I am B.E(EEE) fresher....wat kind of job can i apply in railways....i am 2011 pass out...is there any vacancy now....it is my mail id [email protected].....
1st October 2011, 12:35 AM
coolsam.9

HI dear,

Thanks
9th October 2011, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

what is minimum criterion to get the job for fresher b.tech. electrical
4th March 2012, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am completing my BE(CSE) in 2012 as fresher.. i request u to say me is there any available jobs in railways...if so pls guide me how to apply and write exams..
28th January 2014, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir,
I completed BTECH(IT) in 2013 as fresher.there is any available jobs for IT???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?