26th September 2018, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

What kind of questions are asked in IPS exam?

Hello everyone, I want to prepare for the IPS exam. But I don't know about the details. Can I know that what kind of questions are there in this IPS exam? Please help me to know about the type of questions. Waiting for your response!

27th September 2018, 10:08 PM
shivangi354

Thumbs up Re: What kind of questions are asked in IPS exam?

There will be five papers each of 200 marks and 1 hour. You can go through official site for paper pattern and sample papers. All the best.
27th September 2018, 11:54 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of questions are asked in IPS exam?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer etc.

The examination is conducted in three stages and you have to appear and qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection - Preliminary, Mains, and Interview.

The question in the examination are asked from topics of Political Science, Geography, History, General Science, Economics, Current Affairs etc.

For more information about the examination and syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th September 2018, 07:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. The competitive examination for this service is called Civil Services exam. Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services exam every year for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS etc.

There are three stages of this exam. First stage is preliminary exam where multiple choice questions are asked, second is mains where subjective questions are asked and last stage is personal interview. Questions are asked from areas like polity and constitution, History, Geography, Economy and current affairs.

You can download previous years paper from official website of UPSC for better understanding.
29th September 2018, 06:12 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

IPS recruitment is conducted through Civil Services Exam that is organized by UPSC every year.

This exam has following stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview

In Preliminary Exam, you will face two papers i.e. General Ability test (GAT) and the Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)

In Mains Exam, you will have Qualifying papers and papers that will be added for Merit formation.

Qualified candidates of Mains exam will be called for Personal Interview.
29th September 2018, 11:23 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services examination. It is the toughest exam of India for All India Services and Central government services.

Eligibility criteria:

1. You must be a graduate and minimum age required is 21 years.

Stages of exam:

Preliminary exam which is used to shortlist candidates for Mains exam. This is objective exam where are there four options and candidates have to select right answer.

In Mains exam, you have to write nine papers. Questions are subjective in nature. The subjects are History, Economics, Polity and Constitution etc.

Last stage is interview where questions related to personal profile and opinion based are asked.
30th September 2018, 12:16 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for recruitment as an officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted in three stages.

In the Preliminary stage there is Objective Questions while in Mains examination it is subjective. The final stage is Interview.

For more information about the examination and for the syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in .
2nd October 2018, 02:09 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and it is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

Those candidates who have graduation degree in any stream can apply for this.

Exam consists three level:-
Preliminary Exam
Mains Exam
Personal Interview
15th June 2019, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

What kind of degree I will taken means the ips exam will easy for me
23rd April 2020, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

If daller student can practice very hard. If he sutable for it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?