31st July 2020, 01:43 PM
Akshay kharpude

What is the lower and upper age criteria for NDA?

Sir, I want to join Indian Army and I had scored 50 percent marks in 12th board exam and presently I am 19 years old. So, am I eligible to appear for NDA? If not, then what should I do? Is there any way to join Indian Army? Is there any age relaxation for any caste category?

4th August 2020, 09:59 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the lower and upper age criteria for NDA?

Now, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination.

It is conducted by UPSC, twice in a year. The examination is conducted in two stages. The age limit isn16.5 -19.5 years till the age of commencing of examination.

For more information about the examination pattern visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th August 2020, 11:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the lower and upper age criteria for NDA?

The first thing I would like to let you know that the age criteria for appearing in NDA (National Defence Academy) Examination is 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is provision of age relaxation for any category candidates.

So, having 19 years old, you can appear in NDA examination only if you have applied for the upcoming NDA examination as as per your age qualification, you will be over 19.5 years by the time notification for next NDA examination is released.

For details regarding other entries available in Indian Army and eligibility criteria required for respective entries, you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?