8th July 2019, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age criteria to be eligible for UPSC examination?

I was born in October, 1998. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC examination? What is the standard minimum and maximum age criteria? When would be the nest UPSC exam conducted? Will I be eligible to appear in the next UPSC exam session?

10th July 2019, 03:42 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age criteria to be eligible for UPSC examination?

You are not eligible to appear for the UPSC Civil Service Examination next year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or in the final year of bachelor course.

The age limit is 21-32 years as on 01st August of year of appearing for the examination.

There is relaxation in upper age limit for the reserved category.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th July 2019, 04:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age criteria to be eligible for UPSC examination?

Civil Service Examination is one of the most common examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination next year. The examination is conducted in three stages.

The examination in 2020 will be conducted on 31st May 2020.

To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in
10th July 2019, 05:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know is that the term UPSC examination is used to refer to the Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year which must be the case in your query too as UPSC conducts many other examinations too.

Further, the age limit to apply for the Civil Services examination is 21 years to 32 years as on the 1st August of the year of examination. Age relaxation is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category as per the government norms.

As per the current updates, the Civil Services examination Preliminary Test 2020 will be held on 31st May 2020.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination and different examinations held by UPSC, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
11th July 2019, 04:00 PM
Deepanshu3010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was born in October, 1998. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC examination? What is the standard minimum and maximum age criteria? When would be the nest UPSC exam conducted? Will I be eligible to appear in the next UPSC exam session?
Eligibility criteria for UPSC exam are as:
(1)candidate must be citizen of India, Nepal, or subject of Bhutan.\
(2)candidate must possess a bachelor's degree in any subject.
(3)candidate age must be between 21-32 years old. Age relaxation will be given to reserved category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?