29th January 2018, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum education required to study Law? Can I study Law after Higher Secondary?

I have completed my Higher Secondary. Can I directly study Law? What is BA LLB? Is it fully about Law or normal BA course? Give detail syllabus of BA LLB. Is there any other short term course in Law which can be done after 12th?

2nd February 2018, 07:12 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum education required to study Law? Can I study Law after Higher Secondary?

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative law and the name suggests it is a professional degree course after pursuing which one heads towards becoming lawyer.

Basically, on the basis of duration of course and educational qualification of applicants LLB courses are of two types which are as discussed below:

1. LLB course of five years, for one who opt for the same course after completing his higher secondary school degree course from a recognized board.

2. LLB course of three years, for one who opt for the same course after completing their graduation degree course in any discipline.

Also for pursuing the same course for National Law University (NLU) you are required to clear CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test) and for appearing in the same examination.

Your age must be under 20 years along with minimum 45% marks aggregate in your Higher Secondary School Degree Course.

BA LLB course just allows you to purse law degree after completing 12th. BA LLB has course from a graduation course and LLB.
2nd February 2018, 04:56 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the minimum education required to study Law? Can I study Law after Higher Secondary?

The best option is to apply for Common Law Admission test. CLAT is an entrance exam for admission in integrated five years BA LLB course. It is conducted every year by National Law University.

The academic qualification required for this exam is:

You should be 12th passed with minimum of 45% marks. Board appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for examination.

You should prepare well to clear this exam. Short term courses will not be fruitful in long run.
2nd February 2018, 10:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of CLAT is Common Law Admission Test.

CLAT is conducted by National Law University. The eligibility criteria for CLAT;

1. You must have passed 12th from a recognized board.

2. In 12th board exams, you should have 45% marks or more.

3. There is no upper age limit for this exam as per SC order.

You can apply for CLAT after 12th to get admission in BA LLB. BA LLB is a five years integrated course.
2nd February 2018, 11:31 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.A LLB course after higher secondary.

The duration of course is five years and required eligibility to appear in entrance examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

The entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in course.

It is all about law course. There is no short term course.
3rd February 2018, 05:19 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that BA LLB degree is a dual degree course which includes BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) and LLB ( Bachlor of Legislative law ) degree both. The duration of same course is five years.

Also, the minimum educational qualification required to study law i.e; BA LLB degree course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with at least 45% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

So having completed your higher secondary school degree you are eligible for pursuing BA LLB degree course. Also, for pursuing same degree course from top universities you need to qualify entrance examinations like CLAT, BHU UET, DU LLB entrace examination, etc. .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?