29th November 2012, 09:02 PM
Mohamed Farook.k

What is the minimum knowledge required to study CA?

I want study CA .But i want know the minimum knowledge ?pls can you help me?

29th June 2015, 08:20 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum knowledge required to study CA?

CA stands for the Chartered Accountancy. This courses has various stages which you need to pursue in order to become a Chartered Accountant.

>>Common Proficiency Test.

>>Integrated Professional Competence Course.

>>Final course.

So, first of all in order to enter into CA course, you need to appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

Eligibility criteria for CPT:

You can enroll for this exam after 10th but can appear for this exam only after passing 10+2 in any stream from a recognized stream. So you can say that minimum qualification required to study CA course is 10+2 from a recognized board.

This exam is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India twice every year in the month of June and December respectively.

It consists of 200 objective questions from:

1. Fundamentals of Accounting.

2. Economics

3. Mercantile law.

4. Quantitative Aptitude.

You need to score 25% in each subject of test and overall 50% aggregate to crack this test.

So if you want to become CA in future, first crack this test. June CPT exam is over so you need to wait for December CPT notification. You can visit official website of ICAI for any more information www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?