6th May 2018, 04:58 PM
Neha Gautam ji

What is the minimum and maximum age limit and educational qualification required to do JRF?

I am a Post Graduate and my age is 31 years now. So, would I be able to take Junior Research Fellow (JRF) exam? Is there any maximum age limit for this? And, is my Post Graduation enough?

28th June 2018, 10:38 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum and maximum age limit and educational qualification required to do JRF?

Age Criteria Required to apply for Junior Research Fellow (JRF):

Basically there is a certain age criteria required in order to follow for Junior Research fellow,

<> As far as my best knowledge is concerned, there is no minimum age criteria.

<> Maximum age criteria allowed for JRF is 28 years for CSIR NET JRF and of course there will be relaxation for reserved category candidates.

<> Age Relaxation - 5 years in case of candidates who are belonging to SC/ OBC/ ST/ Physically Handicapped, Visually handicapped and Female candidates.

<> Maximum age criteria allowed for JRF is 30 years for UGC NET JRF and age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

UGC NET Criteria

CSIR NET JRF Criteria
30th June 2018, 04:14 PM
pushpendra-25

Default Re: What is the minimum and maximum age limit and educational qualification required to do JRF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neha Gautam ji View Post
I am a Post Graduate and my age is 31 years now. So, would I be able to take Junior Research Fellow (JRF) exam? Is there any maximum age limit for this? And, is my Post Graduation enough?
Hello Neha,
The science stream candidates can apply for CSIR NET JEF while other stream candidates can appear for UGC NET JRF for their post-graduation or its related subjects.

The age limit and educational qualification for the JRF is as follows:

Age limit: The candidates below 30 years for UGC NET JRF can apply while for CSIR NET JRF the maximum age limit is 28 years.

Educational qualification: The candidates must have the post graduation degree with minimum 55% marks from the recognized university.

Also, there is relaxation in age and educational qualification for reserved and women category candidates.

as you have completed the post-graduation, you are eligible to apply for the NET JRF.
All the best
1st July 2018, 04:04 PM
Anushka Kashyap
Member+

JRF stands for Junior Research Fellowship.

UGC(University Grants Commission) conducts NET(National Eligibility Test) every year for the posts Lecturer, Assistant Professor, JRF.

Educational qualifications required for the JRF exam are mentioned below:-

1. Completion of master degree wit 55% marks from any recognized university.

2. Final year candidates are also eligible.

3. Age limit:- Not more than 28 years.

4. Age relaxation:- 5 years for OBC, SC/ST candidates.

5. Nationality:- Indian.
6th July 2018, 12:15 AM
Ramabai L

Required Eligibility for JRF is following:

Candidates want to be an Indian

= Candidate should secure minimum 55% in Post Graduation from any University
recognized by UGC

= Candidates who belongs to SC/ST/PWD must get at least 50% in PG

= Need to apply and secure required marks in the exam which is conducted by UGC

= Candidate who is doing their final year or waiting for the results are also eligible

= Age of the candidate wants to be not more than 28 years

= 5 Years of age relaxation is given to the candidates who belongs to SC/ST, or OBC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?