23rd June 2010, 11:12 PM
chanikya3101

What is the minimum percentage required in graduation to do MBA in best colleges through CAT or MAT tests?

hi sir,
i'm chanikya i have got 58% in my b.tech.what is the minimum % required to do MBA in best colleges through CAT or MAT tests and other question is i'm eligible or not to do MBA in best colleges trough CAT or MAT tests

with regards,
chanikya

Related Questions:
  1. Required Percentage of marks in all the academic levels to be eligible for CAT and MAT Exams? Required score in the Entrance Exams to get admission in a top college?
  2. What is the next due date for applying for CAT/MAT exam to get admission in MBA course in IIM Rohtak? Minimum percentage to apply for CAT/MAT?
  3. What percentage in graduation is required for doing MBA in nit durgapur?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for MBA course after completion of graduation with 55% marks? -- [New]
  5. Suggestions regarding to join MBA being a candidate of Compute Science Engineering?
  6. Date of CAT and MAT entrance exam? Minimum percentile required to crack these exams?
  7. What is the minimum percentage required in graduation to do MBA in best colleges through CAT or MAT tests? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Should I have to study BBA to apply for MBA?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for CAT with less than 50% aggregate for BCA final year student?
  10. Will there be any problem at the time of MBA having 48% in B.Com?
  11. Minimum percentage required for MBA? University names for correspondence MBA?
  12. Percentage of marks required to get in B.Com to get admitted in a good MBA institute? Previous years question papers of CAT and MAT?
  13. Minimum percentage required in CAT/MAT/XAT by SC candidate for admission in A grade B-Schools?
  14. What are the steps required for going MBA?
  15. How to take admission in hotel management after completing TYBSc chemistry?
  16. List of top colleges to join MBA course? When to apply for CAT and MAT Exams to join this course?
  17. For getting admission in MBA, it is necessary to study BBA? Syllabus of CAT and MAT?
  18. Minimum percentage of marks required in Graduation for CAT?
24th June 2010, 01:44 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required in graduation to do MBA in best colleges through CAT or MAT tests?

For CAT minimum 50% is required in graduation and 45% in MAT is required to be eligible for the entrance exam

So you are eligible for both exams as you already clear the eligibility criteria
24th June 2010, 02:06 AM
swati123

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required in graduation to do MBA in best colleges through CAT or MAT tests?

You are very much eligible and can sit for the CAT/MAT exams. MAT does not specify any percentage; in fact, graduates and even final year students of Graduation Courses are allowed to appear in MAT. For CAT, the minimum percantage is 50% at Graduation level. If you do well in the tests, you can easily make it in the best coleges.
24th June 2010, 02:36 AM
sanjusays

you are eligible....see every college has their individual requirement for graduation percentage.....Which varies mostly for colleges under cat it is 50 or 55....but for appearing cat exam you need to have 50% if you belong to general category and 45 if belonging to reserved category.....for mat colleges requirement is max 50% so you don't need to worry....
24th June 2010, 07:10 AM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What is the minimum percentage required in graduation to do MBA in best colleges through CAT or MAT tests?

dear frnd

CAT & MAT both are entrance tests conducted for management studies.

criteria for CAT-55% IN GRADUATION OF ANY DISCIPLANE

MAT-45% in graduation in any disciplane

so as per ur percentage u are eligible for both the xams .
so prepare well and score good result.

best of luck.
24th June 2010, 08:05 AM
murali009

hiiiii

for sc/st/pwd..candidates 45% is enough through CAT...others required % is 50%
http://www.onestopmba.com/Cat-Tips/eligibility.asp for CAT

for mat minimum percentage of their university is required....
24th June 2010, 08:07 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

CAT exam is held to admit students for MBA in the IIMs.
MAT is conducted to admit students to other private renowned management institutes.

Minimum percentage of marks required to sit for CAT or MAT exams is 50% in graduation from any stream.

So you can definitely sit for these exams as you have 58% in graduation.

All the best!
24th June 2010, 08:29 AM
sandy B

hello friend,according to my knowledge there have no such kind of percentage is required.though in some college brings some criteria.i think 60% marks is healthy for doing mba as well as to getting a job..
24th June 2010, 10:54 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

If you want to appear in CAT and MAT exams, then you have to scored minimum
50% marks in graduation.

So, please dont worry, you are eligible for CAT/MAT exams. because you have got
more than 50% marks. So please prepare well for this exams.

If you want to get more detail regarding both these exams, then please visit the
official site-

www.catiim.in

www.aima-ind.org
24th June 2010, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

how mucg percentage required in cat to get admission in iim in ahmedabad
24th June 2010, 04:41 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear friend,
MAT is an objective type test with multiple-choice answers.
ELIGIBILITY:
Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university with atleast 45% marks. The candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply for MAT for provisional admission subjected to the completion of their graduation.

TO APPLY:
To obtain MAT Bulletin and Application Form by post, send a Demand Draft of Rs. 790/- to AIMA-CMS, drawn in favour of AIMA-CMS payable at New Delhi alongwith two self-addressed slips/adhesive stickers. Send your request to Director, All India Management Association (AIMA)

MAT is an objective type test with multiple-choice answers.
The test paper is divided into five sections of 40 marks each.

These sections include:
Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation/Data sufficiency, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical and Critical Reasoning, and General Awareness. The duration of the test is two and a half hour.

and for CAT ,
you need to graduate in any discipline from a recognised university along with affiliations with minimum of 50% marks . There is a relaxation of 5% for constitutional reserved categories such as sc/st/pd .You are also eligible for it if you are in last year of your graduation for provisional admission subjected to the completion of graduation.

CHEERS
25th June 2010, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanikya3101 View Post
hi sir,
i'm chanikya i have got 58% in my b.tech.what is the minimum % required to do MBA in best colleges through CAT or MAT tests and other question is i'm eligible or not to do MBA in best colleges trough CAT or MAT tests

with regards,
chanikya
hey buddy,
u r eligible for site in CAT & MAT exam, as the eligibility criteria for CAT is 58% min. i think u shuld on mycatstudy.com to have a better look on CAT exam , its eligibility criteria and its patterns. very good website for online preparation and free mock tests
cheers...
25th June 2010, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

hey buddy,
i am pretty much sure that u r comfortably eligible for site in CAT & MAT exam, as the eligibility criteria for CAT is 58% min. i think u shuld check mycatstudy.com to have a better look & understanding on CAT exam , its eligibility criteria and its patterns. very good website for online preparation and free mock tests
cheers buddy...
26th June 2010, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

i got 45% in degree may i got addmission in mba
29th June 2010, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

i got 46% in degree may i got addmission in mba
30th June 2010, 12:53 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hi Friend
yes you are eligible for the CAT exam,the minimum percentage required is 55% in the graduation.

So you can sit for the CAT exam.
All the best.
1st July 2010, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

hi,sir
rite now m inn my final year b.com can i sit 4 cat exam and what all information should i submit about me 2 the the univercity
11th July 2010, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

how many attemts we can make for mat exam
31st July 2010, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

i got 45%in tybcom i want t0o give cat exam
2nd August 2010, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 45% in my t.y.bsc computer science examination i want to do mba..........is it possible for me to do please sujjest me regarding this i will be very thankfull
3rd August 2010, 11:52 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The minimum percentage for CAT is 50% and 45 % for SC/ST. For MAT if you have 45% you can appear for the exam. You can appear for Mat even if you are in the final year of your graduation. If u score well you can get admission in reputed colleges like IITs, Birla Institute of management, NIT etc..
6th August 2010, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

tell me some name of colleges of mba who take admission on 475 in graduation.
12th August 2010, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

hi,
I wanna know dat do i hav a good chance for MBA after getting 45% from tribhuwan university in nepal.........
17th August 2010, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

i have got exactly 49.5% in graduation.pls telme the colleges who wuld give me admision under mat for MBA with this % in graduation.my score in MAT is 89%tile
20th August 2010, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

hello i got 45.6% in b.sc.most of d colleges demands 50% in graduation.plz tell the MBA entrance exams and MBA colleges that take admissions with this score.I'M WORRIED ND REALLY NEED TO KNOW.
22nd August 2010, 01:56 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes , you are eligible for CAT, MAT....

the criteria is you must have 55% aggregate in graduation for CAT,
and you must have 50% aggregate in graduation for MAT...

so, there will be no problem to appear in CAT or MAT exam..

it is the main time to get prepare for CAT, if u really want to crack this type of exam...

so , all the best..
22nd August 2010, 02:01 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes , you are eligible for CAT, MAT....

the criteria is you must have 55% aggregate in graduation for CAT,
and you must have 50% aggregate in graduation for MAT...

so, there will be no problem to appear in CAT or MAT exam..

it is the main time to get prepare for CAT, if u really want to crack this type of exam...

so , all the best..
24th August 2010, 10:13 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

the minimum percentage for CAT& MAT in graduation is 50%.

you are eligible as far as marks is concerned so you can appear for these exams.

CAT exam is held once in a year.but MAT exam is held 4 times in a year.also CAT exam is relatively tough exam than MAT.

so do hard labour.you can take admission in IIMs by cracking CAT exam.

the advertisement of CAT exam is out yesterday.you can see it.

all the best.
26th August 2010, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

hi,
I hav got aggregate 45% in b.com graduation..i really really want to do m.b.a..and now m very very worried for what to do with 45% :(..Can i do m.b.a with 45%in graduation?? I belong to general category..please suggest me somethin n help me. I ll b very thankful.
6th September 2010, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,
i completed b.com with 50.67% but my 10th & 12th percentage is not 50.so can i apply cat &
mat entrance exam?
16th September 2010, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE GOT A58% IN FIRST YEAR AND A 48% IN SECOND YEAR AM I ELIGIBLE TO SIT FOR CAT 2010
17th September 2010, 02:07 PM
palashbolia

50 % marks in graduation are required to sit for CAT and MAT.
24th September 2010, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

if i get 49.94% in graduation can i do M.B.A.?
3rd October 2010, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
i have already completed my B.Sc(computer science) with 46 percentage.
as i didn't got elegible for MBA hence i am again giving my t.y.Bsc(Maths) this year so that i get eligible,
plus preparing for the cet 2011.Hence in the year 2011 i will be having my t.y.Bsc(maths) cet
result.My query is that will i be able to get admitted in any of the reputed college in mumbai having the result
of t.y.Bcs(maths) cet result..

Hoping for the response.....Thank you
12th October 2010, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Please response to above as i m in worried regarding this...........plz reply soon...
23rd October 2010, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy B View Post
hello friend,according to my knowledge there have no such kind of percentage is required.though in some college brings some criteria.i think 60% marks is healthy for doing mba as well as to getting a job..
can i know the job placement after mba .in a smart com.
27th October 2010, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

I have 49.5 percentage in graduation and 56 percentage in post graduation , I want to give CAT exam and want to take admission in IIMs , can I apply for entrannce test beacuase I heard in graduation minimum 50 percentage required , kindly sugggest me. gzb

thanking you
31st October 2010, 08:59 PM
Sachin Narayan

hi,
Yes u r eligible for entrance exam for MBA as eligibilty percentage is 50% for CAT and 45 % MAT. Hence u r eligible.
thank you
29th November 2010, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

sir i fall in catrgory of OBC plz tell me hoe much marks should be attained in gradution to give CAT AND MAT plz rpl me soon m waiting
13th December 2010, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

minimum persentage requried in gratuation for iim collgesssssssss
18th December 2010, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

i have done bba and i got 53.17% in ma graduation....i just wana knw cn i giv cat as well as mat entrace exam???
may i knw at what tym or in which month i cn get cat/mat entrance exam forms????
19th December 2010, 10:14 PM
jitendradagrt

minimum 50 % marks in graduation and 45 % for sc/st
20th December 2010, 02:58 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

as you have more than 50% marks then you are undoubtedly eligible for both CAT and MAT.

there are so many good MBA college in India you should choose the best college according to your rank in the entrance examination and take admission.

also you may go to foreign for MBA study. because there is a good demand for MBA student who have passed MBA from Abroad. so you may try for it.

best wishes.
20th December 2010, 03:03 PM
canitesh

Smile Re: What is the minimum percentage required in graduation to do MBA in best colleges through CAT or MAT tests?

Dear,
for appearing in mat/cat. i think there should be at least 50% marks in graduation.
20th December 2010, 04:02 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

You are eligible to appear for both the CAT and MAT Exams

CAT-Common Admission Test is conducted by IIM (Indian Institute of Management ) to pursue your post graduate courses in best institutions or IIMs.

For eligibility one should have a minimum of 50% in bachelors degree or equivalent CGPA (45% iin case of SC and ST students )

MAT-Management Aptitude Test
The minimum eligibility is a bachelors degree
The final years students may also eligible.

All the best
20th December 2010, 04:34 PM
SUMAN BHARADWAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanikya3101 View Post
hi sir,

with regards,
chanikya
yes, any one who has got 50% & above is eligible.so, don't worry about eligibility......just work hard & clear the test....BEST OF LUCK!
20th December 2010, 05:07 PM
mishra245

as yoy do your MBA, so minimum % are required in graduation are 50%.
20th December 2010, 06:18 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)Yes you are eligible for CAT and MAT Exam, they expect 55% in the Graduate Degree

2)More then 45% you can get in MAT to get the college,But try to get more then that,Because now a days every student are getting such Percentage, Competition is more now a days

Best of luck
20th December 2010, 06:58 PM
sindhusweety

You are very much eligible and can sit for the CAT/MAT exams. MAT percentage was 45% in fact, graduates and even final year students of Graduation Courses are allowed to appear in MAT. For CAT, the minimum percantage is 50% at Graduation level. If you do well in the tests, you can easily make it in the best coleges.
20th December 2010, 07:31 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

i am very glad to inform you that the minimum eligibility to apply in CAT and MAT exam is marks in graduation greater than equal to 50% and 45% respectively.So, you are eligible for the both exam.

Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?