23rd April 2018, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

What needs to be studied in order to be a Medical Coder?

Now I'm graduated in B.Sc Nursing I want to be a Medical Coder. What to do for that? Which courses are available to study Medical Coding? What are the pre-requirements of those course?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I do Post Graduation if working as a Clinical Coder after completed Biomedical Science in Singapore?
  2. Can I become a Pilot having completed 12th without Maths? Procedure and fees to become a Pilot?
  3. After doing BSc Chemistry Hons what kind of jobs are available? Industries which place the students? How much is the approximate salary?
  4. How to do MBBS after completing BSc chemistry
  5. Age limit for Nursing Staff at government Hospitals?
  6. Clinical research jobs after BSc on Microbiology
  7. How can I become a doctor without biology in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Job opportunities for MSc(Endocrinology) student in India? -- [New]
  9. Job opportunities in Government & Private Sectors for BSc(Anthropology) candidate?
  10. Job opportunities for MSc Microbiology in Coimbatore?
  11. Details about B.Sc(anatomy)? Job opportunities for the same?
  12. What type of jobs are available for students doing M.V.Sc Biostatistics in Indian Veterinary Research Institute? Where should I take admission for Ph.D? In which sectors should I apply for jobs?
  13. What kind of different jobs i can apply for after studying UG in Cardiac Technology?
  14. Can a resident of Bihar who has studied from other state apply for Bihar Engineering/Medical?
  15. Government jobs related to Pharmacy?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for B.Tech Biotech course after completion of 12th without mathematics?
  17. How to join engineering without wasting 1 year? I am a Physics 2nd year intermediate student
  18. Will I be considered under Karnataka quota for taking admission in medical colleges of Karnataka? I am pursuing my schooling from AP, but my father had studied in Karnataka for 6 years
23rd May 2018, 10:15 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What needs to be studied in order to be a Medical Coder?

Procedure to become Medical Coder:
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Medical Coders are considered Health Information Technicians. Candidates need to complete a certificate course in Health Information Technology or Medical Coding in order to become a Medical Coder.

Eligibility:
Candidates should complete a graduation in any subject in order to eligible to do the certificate course in Health Information Technology or Medical Coding which is the usual pathway to become a Medical Coder.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?