16th December 2017, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

What is the percentage required to apply for B.Ed if I belong to General category?

My percentage is 48% in BA. Am I eligible for B.Ed? My category is general and I am a girl. Can you please provide me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon as possible. Thank you!

19th December 2017, 10:47 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the percentage required to apply for B.Ed if I belong to General category?

The common eligibility to get admission in the Bachelor in Education course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The required aggregate to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree with minimum 50%.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination with less than 50% in bachelor degree.
19th December 2017, 11:29 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the percentage required to apply for B.Ed if I belong to General category?

The eligibility to get admission in B.Ed course is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.'

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in bachelor degree, there is relaxation of 5% for reserved category.

There is no special relaxation for girl candidate so you are not eligible to appear in examination or to get admission in the course.
19th December 2017, 08:35 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed refers to Bachelor of Education and same is a professional degree course required by those who are looking to make their career as a teaching in secondary and higher secondary school degree.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing the same degree course is a bachelor degree course in Arts/Science/ Commerce stream with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5 to 10% is applicable for reserved category candidates.

So having completed your bachelor of arts degree course with 48% marks you are eligible for pursuing B.Ed degree course only if you belong to reserved category candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?