2nd November 2015, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure which I need to follow to become a commissioner of income tax?

I am a CA Final Student. and I wanted to Become Commissioner of Income Tax.
Please guide me What Should i do.? What are the steps I need to fulfil next? Can you please answer me soon on the same?

Thanks!

2nd November 2015, 10:47 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure which I need to follow to become a commissioner of income tax?

A person could not join as a commissioner in the income tax department but he or she need to qualify some promotional stages after the post of income tax inspector because here if a person qualify the departmental tests then he can easily promotion to the commissioner post.

For getting this job the person need to qualify the written test that is conducted in two stages of preliminary and mains exam is CGL(combined graduate level exam) and the qualification for that is-

>> Candidate should be Indian and qualified the graduation from any stream.

>> Age of candidate should be 21-27 and the age relaxation is 3 years for the Obc candidates and 5 years for ex servicemen and Sc, St candidates.

>> A subject of Nepal and Bhutan can also apply if he or she migrated to India since 1962 for permanent residence.
3rd November 2015, 05:27 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure which I need to follow to become a commissioner of income tax?

The post of income tax commissioner comes under IRS (Indian Revenue Services). So, one who wishes to become income tax commissioner has to appear for Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC. UPSC conducts civil services exam in order to recruit personnel to the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.

The eligibility required to become a income tax commissioner are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.The candidate who are appearing for final year of their degree can also apply for the exam.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD.

- The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The civil services exam comprises of

*Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)

*Civil Services Main Exam

*Personality Test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?