17th December 2018, 03:43 PM
Siddhesh Nanaware

What is the procedure to join NDA for a student studying in 10th standard?

My brother is in 10th standard. He wants to join in NDA. He is already studying in Sainik School, Satara. So, can I get information about this? What should I do for the admission of NDA after 10th?

31st December 2018, 09:04 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join NDA for a student studying in 10th standard?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The minimum academic qualification required for NDA is that candidate must have done 12th from a recognized board. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are necessary for Air Force and Navy.

The age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years. You need to do 12th first to become eligible for this examination. Only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for NDA exam. You will have to clear written test and SSB for final selection.
31st December 2018, 02:18 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join NDA for a student studying in 10th standard?

NDA is National Defence Academy. It is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination only after 10th. The examination is conducted in two stages. The two stages are :- Written and SSB.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st December 2018, 03:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. It is conducted by UPSC for recruitment in defence services.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for the examination. The required eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in any stream.

It is conducted in two stages. Candidates have to appear an qualify in both stages for final selection.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?