21st August 2019, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

What are the requirements to become a Fashion Designer?

Hi, I have completed my Intermediate and now I want to do a course in Fashion Designing. So, what should I do now? Which course should I do now? Which colleges would be best for Fashion Designing course?

30th August 2019, 02:47 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the requirements to become a Fashion Designer?

If you are looking to pursue Fashion Designing after 12th, then you can pursue anyone of the following UG courses like:
  • B.Design – Fashion Design (4 Years)
  • B.Sc.– Fashion Design (3 Years)
  • B.Design – Fashion Communication (4 Years)

These all courses comes under Fashion Design. Apart from graduate courses, you can do Diploma courses too. Here, I have mentioned below some of the Diploma courses.
  • Diploma in Fashion Design (1 Year)
  • Diploma in Fashion Communication (1 Year)
Some of the popular colleges for pursuing Fashion Designing in India are listed below.
  • National Institute of Fashion Technology
  • Amity University
  • National Institute of Design
  • Indian Institute of Art & Design
  • Indian institute of fashion Technology

Note that for getting admission to government institutes like NIFT, you will have to crack NIFT entrance exam that is conducted by all the NIFT institutes jointly every year. There are around 16 NIFT institutes located all over India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?