10th September 2011, 10:43 PM
gnanapreethi

What are the requirements to get into a core company? In which topics do I need to be stronger?

Im doing my final year BE[ECE]
i have an cgpa of 77% till 6th sem
list me the requirements to get into a core company???????
wat are the topics i have to be strong on??????????

13th September 2011, 12:02 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What are the requirements to get into a core company? In which topics do I need to be stronger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnanapreethi View Post
Im doing my final year BE[ECE]
i have an cgpa of 77% till 6th sem
list me the requirements to get into a core company???????
wat are the topics i have to be strong on??????????

REQUIREMENTS TO GET INTO CORE COMPANY

As you know the companies coming for campus placement have three important rounds to select a candidate, which is even same for any core companies i.e...

-> Aptitude Test.

-> Technical Interview.

-> HR Interview.

-> So the first thing you have to keep in mind is to be strong in aptitude skills to clear the first round..

-> To strengthen your aptitude skills you must workout various aptitude problems daily by referring some good books like R.S.Agarwal, once you practice well then for sure you can clear the round...

-> Technical Knowledge is other thing which is very much needed by most of the core companies, during technical interview the interviewer will try to get how much in depth you have studied your course understanding the concepts but not merely by mugging up the answers...

-> So prepare well your basics of all the core subjects which you studied from the start of 2nd year... the questions might be really tough if you want to get into a core company so you need a lot of time for preparation....

-> Communication skills is the last and important requirement as a student needed by the companies.. so improve your communication skills day by day and put into practice and then surely it will help you in the placements....

These are some of the important requirements which is needed to be placed in a core company....

All the Best..
13th September 2011, 12:50 AM
saugata2008

Default Re: What are the requirements to get into a core company? In which topics do I need to be stronger?

Basic Eligibility criteria required by maximum privet core companies -
1. minimum 60% marks in BE/B.tech/through academic carrier .
2. No backlogs .
3. Year gap not more than one year .

They generally recruits in three steps - Aptitude test , HR interview and Technical interview .
Now the question of technical interviews depends on the type of company .
For the companies like -Airtel ,Nokia , Idea etc you need to be stronger on analog and digital electronics and Telecommunication .
For the companies like - HP , DELL, HCL etc you need to be stronger in analog , digital,power electronics .
So it depend on the pattern of those companies .So I will suggest you when you are going to face any interview , get all the information from the official website of that company and prepare yourself on those subjects .
That means every subject in important .

Thank you
13th September 2011, 01:35 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What are the requirements to get into a core company? In which topics do I need to be stronger?

Hello dear

see, to get chance to do job in core company, the following things are essentially required

>>good concept in technical knowledge.

>>reputation of your college.

>>industrial taring/ vocational taring course.

it will be better for you if you can do M.Tech after b.tech from reputed institute like IITs or NITs, then it will b easy to get chance to do jobs in core company.

all the best........
13th September 2011, 02:17 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

to get job in the good core company then you should be strong in these points
1.technical subjects
2.apptitute
3.reasonning
4.GK
5.current affaires
6.GD
these are enough to get jobs in the core company like
sail,bhel,gail,ongc,jto,bsnl,mtnl,reliance,idea and other mobile network company
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GD tips.pdf(47.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: docx jto paper.docx(534.5 KB, 86 views)
13th September 2011, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Thanks u sir......:)
13th September 2011, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Thank u sir.......:)
28th November 2011, 06:03 PM
litunu

To strengthen your aptitude skills you must workout various aptitude problems daily by referring some good books like R.S.Agarwal, once you practice well then for sure you can clear the round...
Technical Knowledge is other thing which is very much needed by most of the core companies, during technical interview the interviewer will try to get how much in depth you have studied your course understanding the concepts but not merely by mugging up the answers...

So prepare well your basics of all the core subjects which you studied from the start of 2nd year... the questions might be really tough if you want to get into a core company so you need a lot of time for preparation....

Communication skills is the last and important requirement as a student needed by the companies.. so improve your communication skills day by day and put into practice and then surely it will help you in the placements
27th May 2013, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

I had completed BE.with 60%.I want to know that ,I am eligible in core company?
28th January 2014, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Hai sir,I want to place in a embeded company in what are the areas i should be strong.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?