22nd January 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

What is the right age to prepare for IAS entrance exam?

from what age should i prepare for ias to achive good ranks...please tell me the age for it

22nd January 2012, 11:27 PM
VijaySingh1234
Junior Member+

Default Re: What is the right age to prepare for IAS entrance exam?

As far my knowledge is concerned you need to start preparing for IAS exam from the beginning of 10th grade itself you can do it by updating your mind with the news around the world and with the help of supplements like competition success and many more and you will find it helpful for better preparation and after you get through 12th grade with good marks then get an easy stream in graduation so that you score good marks because you also will need to prepare for your IAS exam and if you find better coaching centres then go ahead and join it and I wish you good luck and if you find my suggestion helpful then thank you
22nd January 2012, 11:48 PM
poisondart
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
from what age should i prepare for ias to achive good ranks...please tell me the age for it
For IAS you need to start preparation with starting of graduation. You need to do 12th with good marks then get admission with easy stream in graduation so that you can get good marks. Then start preparation of IAS side by side.You can get online couching and get complete study material for IAS exam, Visit the link given below and get complete study material.
http://www.iasexams.com/CSATIAS-Civi...dyMaterial.php
23rd January 2012, 08:24 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the right age to prepare for IAS entrance exam?

Quote:
As you know IAS entrance exam is the most competitive and toughest examination.
Because the range of position it offers is that great.

Strategy to crack IAS entrance exam :
Start your preparation as early as possible. for this kind of exams the preparation should start right from the childhood only.
you have to learn new things.
manipulate them into real time situations.

Solving various local problems etc etc., will enhance your leadership qualities.
you should have excellent organizational skills and other skills to be fit for the position of IAS officer.

According to you I suggest you to start your preparation from your degree 1st year at least(At the age of 18 years).At this age your mind will know and understand the things better without childishness.

This is the time when everyone will eagerly wait to complete degree and do a job.
if you concentrate on IAS entrance exam then your life will get settled soon.

Start your preparation slow and steadily.
definitely you will win the race.

All the best for your future

Regards
23rd January 2012, 10:44 AM
selva786

Thumbs up Re: What is the right age to prepare for IAS entrance exam?

Quote:
The right age of IAS entrance exam prparation is strated at 24 .You must completed any programme of bachelor dgree
23rd January 2012, 01:09 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE to be an IAS officer you should crack the the Civil Service Exam successfully.

As the exam is very tough and competitive one, so the preparation should be started from very early age with an aim to be successful in Civil Service Exam. One should be very prompt and dynamic in every respect of life by taking leadership in each and every problem and its solution. You can do this from by taking part in debate, social service , drama, sports etc. along with your regular study. You should be updated with news paper and magazine regarding the problems of the society, Districts, States, Countries etc.

The important thing is when you will fix your aim to be an IAS officer an daccordingly try for that slowly and steadily then you will definitely achieve your goal.
23rd January 2012, 06:35 PM
chetan pratap singh

hii

whenever you think that you want to become an ias officer than start study for that because it is one of the hardest exam for that you have to give your maximam time.if you not started till now than start now if you realy want.

and go through deepaly for this when you reach in 1st year.

good luck
23rd January 2012, 08:41 PM
KAMALA1290

right age to start a i.a.s examination

-you must complete bachelor degree

-is not having a any timing for a i.a.s examinations. Is come from along with a childhood

[b]-you think along a your carear only after only you get a chance become a good i.a.s office[/b]
23rd January 2012, 09:01 PM
jeevi12

Arrow Re: What is the right age to prepare for IAS entrance exam?

Quote:
There is no age to start preparation for IAS but the only thing is the age limitation.
You start from now onwards and build the habit of studying. Read regular news papers, watch reularly news,read different books which are helpfull for IAS, start increasing your mental ability, take guidens of elders who are well educated and also discuss with your education field who can help you.

For appearing exam from the age of 21years to 30years for general catagory.
30years for SC/ST and 33years for OBC.
24th January 2012, 02:44 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IAS,
Then please go through these criteria details below :

AGE CRITERIA FOR IAS :

For General :21 to 30 years.
SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation

For more details you can see these attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS I.pdf(11.7 KB, 232 views)
File Type: pdf IAS II.pdf(9.9 KB, 160 views)
File Type: pdf IAS III.pdf(46.4 KB, 153 views)
1st March 2012, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
see it all depends on ur capability, intellectuality, your ability to grasp things and not but the least your determination.some clear it in their first attempt, some could not even in four attempt.but to me one should start preaparing it from their high school.
26th May 2012, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

which types of essay are asked in the ias examination?
14th June 2015, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

GIVE ME COMPLETE STEPS FOR PREPARATION OF IAS AND FOR FORM FILLING PROCESS?
5th July 2015, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

I.A.S preparation start in 9th std.And watch regularly news,and reading news papers,take hints in everyday world event, monthly one time go to library ,improve our english language and leadership principle and understand some laws.
5th July 2015, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

I.A.S preparation start in 9th std.And watch regularly news,and reading news papers,take hints in everyday world event, monthly one time go to library ,improve our english language and leadership principle and understand some laws.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?