9th August 2019, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope and job opportunities in BDS?

I want to study Bachelor of Dental Surgeon (BDS) and I am in dilemma thinking whether BDS is a nice subject or not? So, I want to know what job opportunities can we get after completing our study in Dentistry?

6th September 2019, 05:57 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope and job opportunities in BDS?

Yes, you can pursue BDS i.e. Bachelor of Dental Surgeon course after completing 10+2 with PCB stream or PCBM stream. BDS has good scope and opportunities.

There is a good demand of dentists in private as well as government hospitals. If you are pursuing BDS from private colleges, then you may get placements to private hospitals or healthcare centres from college itself.

While if you are pursuing BDS from government hospitals, then you can get placed to government departments on the basis of entrance exam. In addition, you can also start your own clinic if you have enough capital for investment.

Freshers in Dental sector get their salaries around 3 lakhs per annum in initial stage. However, if they have completed MDS course, then their salary may rise upto 4 to 6 lakhs per annum.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?