16th September 2013, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope for me in Army? I am 19 years old and have completed diploma in mechanical engineering

sir,i am 19 year old and complete diploma in mechanical engineering in 2012.what is scope for me in army?

Related Questions:
  1. Can i join Indian Army after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? I am 27 years old
  2. Is there any scope to do B.Tech after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  3. How can I join Air Force, Army or Navy after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. How can I get last six years question paper of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. Which courses can I do after passing diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  6. What can I do to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year Diploma in mechanical Engineering having failed Diploma (2 arrier)?
  7. How may I Join Indian Army? How to apply for SSB interview? I've done diploma in Mechanical engineering
  8. Any scope for an engineering correspondence course? Will I get a secured job after doing B.E Mechanical through correspondence?
  9. Last 6 years papers of Diploma in Mechanical 1st and 2nd semester?
  10. Previous years question papers for Junior Engineer post of Railway in Mechanical Engineering? I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering
  11. How to become assistant locopilot after completing diploma in mechanical engineering with 60% marks in diploma?
  12. How may I do diploma In Mechanical Engineering? What's the future prospective for the same?
  13. How can I join Army after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. How to join Army after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  15. How can I join Army after passing diploma in Mechanical Engineering
  16. Scope of Mechanical engineering in the coming years? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Is it a right decision to go for PG diploma in Mechanical after completing diploma mechanical?
  18. Which one is for Diploma and which one is for Advance Diploma? -- [New]
1st October 2015, 12:31 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope for me in Army? I am 19 years old and have completed diploma in mechanical engineering

Since you were 19 years old in 2012 so you will be around 22 years old at present and hence you have the option in defense field if you have either completed your bachelor degree course or in the final year of same otherwise not.

Basically to join Indian Army one has two opportunity. One through NDA examinations and other through CDS examination.

But for NDA your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19 years which is 22 years at present. So you are only left with the option of CDS at present.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission two times every year in two stages which are Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

Also the CDS has four wings which includes Naval Academy ( NA ), Indian Air force Academy ( IAA ) , Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

For appearing in the same examination for joining IMA you need to have the following qualifications :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same with any stream of your choice from a recognized university.

* You must hold the physical and mental toughness as per the service requirement norms.

For details regarding the upcoming CDS examination, its syllabus, question pattern and other necessary details you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
1st October 2015, 11:47 PM
manishkr36

Default Re: What is the scope for me in Army? I am 19 years old and have completed diploma in mechanical engineering

To join Indian Army one has two opportunity. One through NDA examinations and other through CDS examination.

But for NDA your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19 years which is 22 years at present. So you are only left with the option of CDS at present.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?