14th December 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

What should be done after 12th so as to opt for genetic engineering? Steps to be followed to join the course? Minimum duration for the course?

what should be done after 12th to do genetic engineering?what are the steps to join the course?what is the minimum duration for completing the course?

Related Questions:
  1. Genetic Engineering: Percentage required in 12th and which subjects to choose to study genetic engineering later?
  2. What is the duration of genetic engineering course? Fee structure for the same?
  3. Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?
  4. How to join genetic engineering after completing 12th?
  5. Is Maths compulsory for genetic engineering? What is the minimum percentage required in 2nd PU?
  6. Procedure for doing Genetic Engineering after 12th? Which are the colleges offering the course? Minimum qualification required and the fee structure?
  7. How to join in genetic engineering branch after scoring 92% in aggregate? BEst colleges for genetic engineering in AP
  8. Can I join genetic engineering after taking BIPC in 12th?
  9. Can I join genetic engineering without B.Tech?
  10. Best colleges of genetic engineering in India after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I join Genetic Engineering after 12th without having Maths in 11th? Which colleges in India offer Genetic Engineering course?
  12. How to do genetic engineering after doing 12th with PCM?
  13. How to opt for Genetic Engineering course after completion of Intermediate in Bi.P.C stream in Andhra Pradesh?
  14. Genetic Engineering after 12th? Fee structure, scope, duration and procedure?
  15. Minimum marks required to pursue genetic engineering?
  16. Is it possible for me to do B.Sc Genetic Engineering right after 12th completion? -- [New]
  17. How to join genetic engineering after studying 12th in science
  18. Colleges and entrance exams for doing Genetic Engineering in India?
24th December 2011, 07:11 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be done after 12th so as to opt for genetic engineering? Steps to be followed to join the course? Minimum duration for the course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what should be done after 12th to do genetic engineering?what are the steps to join the course?what is the minimum duration for completing the course?
In order to pursue genetic engineering , you must have studied Biology, Chemistry and Maths in the +2 level. If you do not have this specific combination of subjects in +2, you won't be eligible to go for higher studies in the field of genetic engineering.
Usually, candidates after +2 go for B.Tech in genetic engineering, however, you may also go for B.Sc program in which genetics is offered as one of the subjects.
The duration of the B.Tech program in this field is 4 years.

The best institutes to pursue the course are:

Banaras Hindu University
Osmania University
Indian Institute of Technology

For more information, refer to the official website of the institutes mentioned above.
12th March 2012, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should be done after 12th so as to opt for genetic engineering? Steps to be followed to join the course? Minimum duration for the course?

what to do after complatng genetic engineering
27th May 2016, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

How much should I score in 12 for joining genetic engineering? ?? If I could kne..
19th July 2017, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

I've completed 2nd puc. I want to study genetic engineering, which university or college is best suited for the subject in India
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?