13th September 2017, 12:00 AM
satyarthtiwari

What should I do after 8th standard to become an IPS officer in future?

What should I do after 8th standard to become an IPS officer in future? Can you please let me know the procedure on this? It will be really helpful if you can give me your valuable suggestion which I can follow to reach my goal. Thank you!

14th September 2017, 03:14 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after 8th standard to become an IPS officer in future?

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

The academic qualification required for this exam is bachelor's degree. You will be eligible for Civil Services exam in bachelor's degree final year only.

Till then, you should prepare in following way:

1. Give full emphasis on NCERT books of social science subjects from sixth onwards.

2. Develop a habit of reading newspaper for current affairs.

3. Prepare for board exams well.

4. Pursue bachelor's degree in subject of your interest.
14th September 2017, 06:45 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after 8th standard to become an IPS officer in future?

To become an I.P.S Officer in future you have to qualify in Civil Service examination.

The minimum required qualification to appear for Civil Service examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

So, if you are interested in preparation for examination you must focus on History, Polity, Geography, Economics, English writing and Current Affairs.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview and candidates have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th September 2017, 06:47 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You should first pass 10th board exam then 12th and then pursue bachelor's degree to become eligible for Civil Services exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. The examination conducting authority is Union Public Service commission.

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree is minimum qualification.

Age limit is 21-32 years.

You will become eligible for this exam in final year of bachelor's degree. Those who clear Civil Services exam and are in top rank are eligible for IPS.
14th September 2017, 07:44 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS officer in future, you should have to pursue your higher studies till Bachelor's degree level from a Government recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for an IPS examination. The age criteria required to apply for an IPS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
14th September 2017, 08:06 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year.

* The minimum qualifications which you need to have for appearing in the same examination are as here under :

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same in any stream of your choice from a recognized university.

Now as far as you are concerned about achieving your goal of becoming an IPS officer then I would like to let you know that Civil Services examination is considered to be one of the toughest examination due to its vast syllabus so preparation for the same should start as early as one can. To start with I would like to suggest you to make habit of going through the English Newspaper Editorials to its minutest details. Further you should take your syllabus of social studies very seriously as you need to have details regarding the History, Polity, Economics and Geography of India. You should also must be aware of Current affairs and world events. More preparations will be followed once you start preparing for the same examination.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th September 2017, 11:43 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I am pleased with your aim and your dedication to achieve it. To be an I.P.S officer one have to qualify in all three stages of Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview. So, you have to qualify in all three stages for final recruitment.

Since you are in 8th std only if you will study with consistency and proper determination you will become eligible to achieve your goal in first attempt.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd October 2021, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Which subject I choose to become an ips officer in std 10th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?