1st December 2012, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after BCA?

i had passed 12th and then i did bca in computer science i am not getting any job opportunity so i want to know that what course should i do to get a good job ?

2nd December 2012, 09:12 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after BCA?

It is quite obvious that you are not getting good jobs after Bachelor of Computer Applications. There is very little scope of good job after completing BCA in India. Most candidates after pursuing BCA goes for the MCA course.

Master of Computer Applications is the course according to me that you should consider. It will give you great scope of having good career in Information Technology sector. Most IT companies in India hire MCA candidate.

Companies like Infosys, Wipro are always on the hunt for MCA graduates. Apart from MNC, there are several SME that will also hire you. Consider SME as the backup option and only apply in case you fail to make it in MNC.

The Master of Computer Applications deals in areas like:

Hardware Technology

Software Development

Networking

Programming Languages

System Management

Eligibility

1. A bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. At least 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. Maths should be one of the subjects in 12th or graduation.

Entrance Exams

Orissa Joint Entrance Exam

All India MCA Entrance Examination

Birla Institute of Technology Entrance Exam

Integrated Common Entrance Examination

West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam

2nd December 2012, 01:01 PM
yumnamgirish

dear friend,
you can go for MCA or MBA... For MCA admission in NIT you have to write entrane exam NIMCET(NIT MCA common entrance exam) which is conducted by NITs,MCA CET conducted by maharashtra technical board, all india MCA exam,DU MCA entrance exam..
for MBA u have to prepare well in CAT exam..

best of luck

2nd December 2012, 01:04 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i had passed 12th and then i did bca in computer science i am not getting any job opportunity so i want to know that what course should i do to get a good job ?

Dear Aspirant,

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application

As you have mention that you have completed your BCA and you are not Getting Job......

Through BCA A candidate can Get job at Coaching Classes as Skipper of C,C++,Java,Orecal etc.......

Here i have also attached some Scope after completing BCA so, please check it out.....

Further Higher Study Option:
  1. You can Join Your Master in Computer Application That is MCA......
  2. You can Join you Master in Business That is MBA......
  3. You can go for Bank Job and Railway...
  4. You can Also get job in Government Sector like IAS, IPS through Civil Service Examination..........

All the best

With Regards.......
Dharm
Attached Files
File Type: pdf scope of bca.pdf(79.2 KB, 326 views)

2nd December 2012, 01:34 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear,

If you are not getting a good job opportunity then don't waste your time in job search. Competition now is very tough and every company needs a skilled professional with high academic background. BCA degree is not much in a demand in any organisation.

So, stop wasting time and go for higher studies. You can choose any one from:
  1. MBA
  2. MCA

If you get in any company then after some experience you can go for MBA. As a fresher also you can go for it. It will give a boost to your career and you can get a good job opportunity with high salary package.

No doubt MBA is a bit costly and not affordable for every one. You can go for MCA as well, its cheap and also in great demand as MCA is equivalent to B.tech in CS or IT. So you can apply to many IT companies for various job profiles.

Best of luck!

2nd December 2012, 02:19 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend......

After you BCA can either opt to go for master level degree or the MBA Program. The option selected by the majority of students will be to study the MCA Course. T

The MBA program is another option that can be selected by these students. By taking up the latter course, students will gain a good idea about business administration in addition to job experience. One thing that can be said is that students ought to choose the course that will help them in their future career.

Job areas for BCA Graduates

Financial Institutions

Consultancies

Desktop Publishing

Banks

Insurance

Security Companies

Government agencies

Computer op

all the best.

2nd December 2012, 03:17 PM
priyadarshini patnaik

Hello Friend ,
BCA (Bachelor of Computer application) is a degree course in the field of computer application.The duration of the course is 3 years.After BCA the students can option for Master degrees and they can try for different jobs.
It is a good option for a BCA student to continue the study.After completion of BCA one can join MCA( Master of Comuter Application).Many of the students selected MCA course after complete the BCA program.

MBA (Master of Business Administration ) is one of the another program selected by the students of BCA.The MBA program gives the knowledge about Business Administration to the students.

The job opportunities are also available for the BCA degree holders.The BCA graduates works on the following Areas:
Software Development companies
Banks
Computers related companies
Consultancies
Desktop Publishing
Financial Institutions
Government Agencies
Insurance Providers
Schools and Colleges
The important thing is that the students intrest to choose the program/Field that will help them in their future career.
All The Best.

2nd December 2012, 05:28 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What should I do after BCA?

Quote:
Hi

This is a very genuine problem that you are facing. It is not wrong to accept that fact that IT - Information Technology has taken over the complete market and now the whole world is soon going to be computer based!

If you look back 10 -20 years from now, neither there were so many computers, gadgets, electronic items and nor was there so much of programming etc.. Hence this has brought a HUGE boom in the IT Industry.
BCA - Bachelor in Computer Applications is also one such course where you must have been taught about computer basics, programming basics, some basic level languages etc and other hardware stuffs.

The reasons why you are facing so many problems is that the market is flooded with many Computer Science Engineers. This is lowering the demands for the BCA, B.Sc (Comp), and other such courses. Thus finding a job for yourself would be really challenging now. Still please do not loose hope..

What I can suggest for you is, either do MBA/MCA. These two post graduation courses would suit you the best. I am going to elaborate a little for both.

MBA - Masters in Business Administration. This course is world famous and required in almost every other company. So it would increase your market value in requirement for a company. Some of the best areas of specializations are : Finance, HR, Sales and Marketing, Consultancy etc..

MCA - Masters in Computer Application is another computer rooted course which is also the next post graduation for the BCA candidates. If you take this up then you would be again dealing with programming, coding, networking, etc..

So both these dont have any age limits, nor age limits. You just have to be graduates to be able to take them up..

After that you can apply for the off campus jobs. Click Here

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET

14th December 2012, 06:49 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello dear,
Why don't you go for the master degree course for this. This is MCA or master of computer applications. You will be able to get first hand knowledge on subjects like C programming or JAVA programming. You will be able to know how to be able to develop small software. This is done through giving mini and major projects to students so that they can use their expertise in JAVA or ASP or DOT Net etc. and design some problem solving software. On the basis of this you get proportional marks in the project in your last semester. Also from theory point of view you have finite automata and distributed operating system and other subjects to increase your theoretical knowledge. That way you can join the theoretical genres of computer science in a corporate sector. The fees for an MCA course varies from Rs. 19,000 per semester to Rs.50,000 per semester. Also for some institutes it is around Rs.10,000 per semester. This will depend on the institute that you join. So decide yourself.

28th March 2013, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

after bca which is best MCA or MBA for a student who have less knowledge of languages

28th March 2013, 10:35 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

Career option for B.C.A student:::::
1. Software Developer
2. Software Programmer
3. Web-Developer
4. Network Administrator
5. System Administrator
6. Database Administrator
7. Game Developer
8. Ethical Hacker

All the best.................

28th March 2013, 12:40 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After completing BCA majority of people facing this problem and it is quite common every one and you have to over come this problem taking the good decisions . Being bachelor's degree is not enough to looking for the job , you have a some qualities like addition programming language as well as addition course like M.Sc or M.C.A course or M.S Programmes .

It is use you can get the good placements . If you are not interested in the master's program even also you can apply for the Jobs . Various companies conducting the recruitment + M.S Program that means they put agreement to the candidates work within this period . If the candidate developed their programming skills then the will recruit themselves within the period of agreement .

Some Companies are ::
  • TCS - Ignite Program
  • Wipro - Wase Program
  • SAP Program

If you are interested in the Post graduate degree then you have to clear the entrance examination like AIMCET , BHU MCA , JECA MCA , JNU MCA, TANCET , MHT CET MCA ...etc

Eligibility Criteria ::

-You should have passed your graduate degree from a recognized University .
-Must secure at least 50% (45% reserved categories ) .
-Final year candidates are eligible to apply .
-There is no age limits .
-There is no restriction of attempts .

Other then MNC Jobs , you can go for the Government Jobs ::
  • Defence Service Examination
  • Civil Service Examination
  • Railway Jobs
  • Bank Jobs
  • Staff Selection Commission

28th June 2013, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

I hav backlog in my bca 5th sem il be wasting 1 yr suggest some courses useful dat i can do pls help

29th June 2013, 12:00 AM
s.mitali

Talking Re: What should I do after BCA?

Quote:

DEAR FRINED,

I HAVE GIVEN BELOW LIST OF THE AFTER B.C.A COURSE VARIOUS AS UNDER:-

1. M.B.A STANDS FOR MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION.

2. M.C.A STANDS FOR MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATION.

3. C.A.STANDS FOR CHARTERD ACCOUNTANT.

4. C.S STANDS FOR COMPANY SECRETARY.

with regard.

29th June 2013, 09:06 AM
deepa...

Quote:
hi...
BCA is just a under graduate course..
and so, you will have only little job opportunities... especially in India...
you will get job if you go abroad..

after completing BCA.. you can go for MCA... that is master of computer science and application... it is a three year course and is a post graduation course...
so, you will surely get job if you do this post graduate courses..
MCA is having very good scope in every places.. in India and also in abroad...

so, it is good to do MCA after BCA to get good job opportunity...

29th June 2013, 10:04 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.....................

You have complete your BCA after BCA you have many choices through which you can make your future bright .

Courses are follows:

1. MCA: its best course option after BCA .

MCA is the MAster in computer application
MCA 3 years maste rdegree course . after complete this course you can get the good jobs in the IT companies like : TCS,WIPRO,IBM,MICROSOFT,ACCENTURE,INFOSYS,AIRTEL etc...

2.Banking jobs: you can also do the banks job in the posts like PO,Clerk etc...
IBPS exam which has been conducted by participated the 19 public banks .

3.Railways jobs
you can also do the job in the railways line through the RRB exam.

4.Civil services like IAS,IES,IPS etc... for these posts exam has been conducted by the UPSC every years.

5.M.SC

6.MBA

Regards...................
Tash

29th June 2013, 01:01 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

After complete of BCA you can go for higher studies like MBA,MCA,B.Ed,M.Sc Computer Science.

MCA stands Master of Computer Applications if you like software development then you can choose these MCA course.After completing of MCA students there are many options in IT Industries and also other Industries

MBA Master of Business Administration if is one of other option to higher study if you like business (HR,Marketing and finance) purpose then you can choose the MBA course.It is also good option to choose after completing MBA.

Some computer courses also available for you.

NET
JAVA Programing
Linux
C Programming
Networking
web disigning
oracle
Tally
Computer Information Systems

30th June 2013, 11:38 AM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

Being bachelor's degree is not enough to looking for the job , you have a some qualities like addition programming language as well as addition course like M.Sc or M.C.A course or M.S Programmes .

It is use you can get the good placements . If you are not interested in the master's program even also you can apply for the Jobs . Various companies conducting the recruitment + M.S Program that means they put agreement to the candidates work within this period . If the candidate developed their programming skills then the will recruit themselves within the period of agreement .

Some Companies are ::
TCS - Ignite Program
Wipro - Wase Program
SAP Program

6th July 2013, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after BCA?
plz rly fast.

16th July 2013, 05:27 AM
Unregistered

can we go for m-tech after BCA ?

16th July 2013, 09:36 PM
mandiv

hi
well friend, BCA is a computer software oriented course.
but getting a job also depends on the skills , somewhat on the institution from where the course is done.
getting a job nowdays don't only depend on the degree but on various factors such as communication skills, your being up to date with the IT industry,and your leading qualities.
for a good job besides academics one must acquire all such qualities also.
ok the academics part now,after BCA i would strongly recommend you to go for MCA which will definitely increase the scope of getting a job..
best of luck.

17th July 2013, 07:59 AM
manjusha2494

Smile Re: What should I do after BCA?

Quote:
hi,
Actually,you basically dont get a nice job after doing BCA.Generally,candidates opt for MCA after the completion of their BCA courses.You can,if possible,join NIIT(National Institute of Information Technology which provides a two year course and also provides placement opportunities in the possible IT companies.

Further,you can M.Sc.IT,MEB,PGDCA,M.Sc IS, and last but not the least M.Sc CS.

The companies such as Wipro, InfoTech, Satyam, [TCS] Tata Consultancy Service, Siemens Communications and even the International companies such as Vodafone, and Essar Communications are hiring Students every year.

The career opportunities never ends up without a job,its just that you need to find the best.

All The very Best

17th July 2013, 05:23 PM
jigs@999143

Dear Friend,

MCA and MBA both are very good streams having different prospects.Both consist huge demand in market for a few years.As you completed BCA then it is better to go with MCA;you are belongs to student of computer application you will be more suitable to go farther with its post graduate specialization.Besides,once you complete MCA you can be able to get great scopes in IT sectors near future.There are so many reputed IT companies like-----

Infosis,Satyam,Webwl,Wipro,Cognigent,IBM,TCS etc
where you can be hired with a good package of salary.

Good luck.....

17th July 2013, 08:29 PM
luckyss
Senior Member++

dear friend.....

should I do after BCA
---------------------------------

1.Insurance
2.Financial Institutions
3.Government agencies
4.Desktop Publishing
5.Security Companies
6.Consultancies
7.Desktop Publishing
8.Software Development companies
9.Schools and Colleges
10.Financial Institutions
11.Consultancies
12.System Administrator
13.Software Developer
14.Ethical Hacker
15.System Administrator
16.Web-Developer
17.Game Developer

20th December 2013, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is Abhijeet.. i am learning bca course.. after this bca mca best gov. college name please?

17th November 2014, 10:07 PM
ShettyRoshan

I have completed 12th.I want to do BCA course So which is the best institute or college in Mumbai.& is there any scope in BCA

28th April 2015, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

sir,can give general competition exam, (whose eligibility criteria is graduation)after doing bca in place of other graduation like bsc or b.com?

19th August 2016, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

I want do go for any comparative. Exams. After competing my bca after one year I want list of comparative exams for my easier way plz.......

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?