21st June 2017, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

What should I do in future to become an astronaut after completion of 9th standard?

What should I do in future to become an astronaut after completion of 9th standard? Can you please suggest me the way forward on which course to opt for the studies plus any extra course to be done to improve my skills. Awaiting for your valuable suggestions.

23rd June 2017, 04:02 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do in future to become an astronaut after completion of 9th standard?

If you are interested in becoming Astronaut, then you can become by going through engineering stream.

After 9th standard, pass your 10th standard with decent marks.

Then after, you will have to choose PCM stream for 11th and 12th standard.

While appearing for 12th, you will have to appear for engineering entrance exam like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, COMEDK, etc.

These exams are gateway to engineering colleges.

Subsequently, in the counseling, you have to choose Aeronautical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering as your preferred branch.

After pursuing the courses, you can be recruited into ISRO, DRDO and ultimately you may become astronaut depending on your hard work and skills.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?