8th September 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

What should I do in order to study IAS? Is there any entrance test?

what i should in order to study ias.is there any entrance test

8th February 2013, 12:07 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: What should I do in order to study IAS? Is there any entrance test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what i should in order to study ias.is there any entrance test

Dear Aspirant,

For your information IAS is not education it is a job.It is the Indian Administrative service job.

Assigned for the toppers in the CIVIL Exams.

The mode of exam for becoming a IAS is UPSC or CIVIL exams.By which they can become a IAS officer after clearing all the rounds in this phase of civil exams.

So if you wanna become a IAS officer you should be having a graduate which is from a recognized college or university.

If you are not a graduate then you are not eligible for this exam.After getting a graduation degree you can be eligible for writing the exam.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
8th February 2013, 07:46 PM
helper1

Default Re: What should I do in order to study IAS? Is there any entrance test?

hello friend,

IAS job post you need to be give the IAS entrance exam which has been conducted by the UPSC department which is the most toughest entrance exam

IAS entrance exam eligibility:

1. you should be passed the bachelor degree from any recognized university.
2, age must be between the 21 to 30 years .
age relaxation as per gov. rules.
3. Indian citizen

selection process:
1. preliminary entrance exam
2. Main entrance exam
3. Interview

So these three round for the selection IAS officer so you must be do it more preparation of these three round..

For more details : www.upsc.gov.in

thank yoU!
8th February 2013, 11:08 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends ........

IAS stands for Indian Administative service

This exam is conducted by UPSC.

You should first focus on completing school education. There is nothing additional to think right now. The criteria to apply for Indian Administrative Service is graduation degree. So firstly focus on school and then complete graduation.

You are free to choose and course of any stream. For example you have complete B.A, B.Com or B.Sc and yet apply for Indian Administrative Service. You dont need to do any additional preparation during school days.

The only expection would be English. You can work on your English skills during school days. Ensure you are good in speaking and writing English. The real preparation should begin during the final year of graduation.

You will have to read newspapers and watch news to prepare yourself for the general knowledge section of general studies papers. There will be 1 paper on General Studies in Preliminary exam and 2 in Main examination.

Other than that NCERT books for Class 12th are very useful to prepare for general studies paper. You will also have to select optional subjects. Any subject from your course that you find easy to study should be good. Please remember that you will have to select one optional subject for preliminary and 2 for main examination.

Hello friends .........

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

This exam is conducted by UPSC

IAS Eligibility ;

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. A bachelor degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit for IAS is 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC/ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

Attempts :

General candidates- 4 times

OBC- 7 times

SC/ST- No such restriction

Selection Process ;

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

3) Personal Interview

All the best
9th February 2013, 02:56 AM
mayankt

Hi,
If you want to become an IAS officer for that you have to apply for civil services exam
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit

Best book for Civil services Exam:-
#.CSAT: Interpersonal, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills (Paper 2)
by
Shalini Verma
Publisher: Pearson

#.UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

#.UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1)
by
Jha, Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

IMPORTANT DATES
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

for Previous Years Question Papers you can refer www.upsc.gov.in
You can fill the online application form fromthe official website www.upsconline.nic.in

Good Luck....
9th February 2013, 09:19 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

First of all IAS is not a Course to be studied.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service its a Central Government job and to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th February 2013, 01:02 PM
Manoj Kumar Badoniya

Dear it's good to see that you are interested to become an IAS officer so dear first of all i would like to say that the IAS exam considers as the toughest exam in the entire India and it demands more and more work and study hard with complete positive strategy :

Candidate should have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and final year pursuing candidates are also eligible to apply for this exam

Age should not be less than 21 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age would be provided as per government guidelines which is 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for PWD and 5 years for Ex-Servicemen category candidates

If you have above mentioned qualification then you can apply for UPSC Civil Service exam 2013

Examination Pattern and Selection Procedure :

Preliminary exam - This is the first test which would be conducted in objective type pattern and there would be 2 papers conducted and each paper contains 200 marks and qualifying in each paper is necessary

Mains examination - This would be your second test in which you would have to qualify 9 different papers in conventional type pattern and all 9 papers contains 2000 marks and you would have to select any two optional subjects in this exam and you can choose any two of the following :

Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Electrical Engineering
Economics
Geography
Geology
History
Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Physics
Philosophy
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

Interview Process : This is the last step of your selection and it has 300 marks and if you qualify the interview process then you would become an IAS office in India

Dear to prepare for this exam there is no more better way than coaching institute so that you should select any very good coaching institute and prepare for this exam and if you would provide more than 15 hours everyday for the preparation then you would definitely get selected in this exam

IAS Preliminary exam is going to be conducted at - 19th of may 2013

All the best
9th February 2013, 01:24 PM
Beawar

Dear..

It is wonderful to see you interest in IAS exam. IAS exam is one of the toughest exam in India and it is conducted every year by UPSC. This exam is tough as the number of posts are very limited and no. of candidates competing for that little number of posts are very higher that is why it is said as one of the toughest exam of India.

Now let me tell you about the entrance exam then the entrance exam is conducted by UPSC every year. The stages of the exam are :-

1. IAS PRE
2. IAS MAINS
3. INTERVIEW

If you want to clear the exam then you have to show some real dedication in your studies and forget everything.

Eligibility is as follows :-

1. All Indian candidates who are graduated from a recognized university are eligible
2 Age limit is 20-30
3. Relaxation is given to ST, SC and OBC
4. Attempts are limited

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?