5th October 2011, 12:42 AM
jawahar modani

What should I do to prepare for CAT Exam?

I am in S.E.(etx). I have to prepare for CAT from now. so, what should I do for it?

19th October 2011, 11:40 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What should I do to prepare for CAT Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawahar modani View Post
I am in S.E.(etx). I have to prepare for CAT from now. so, what should I do for it?
CAT : Common Admission Test.

One of the most toughest Management entrance examination. But the most appealing entrance exam for the youth too.

This exam is conducted by the Top B-Schools of the world they are Indian Institute of Management.
These IIM's will make this exam such tough only because to filter out the max slow brains.
Only the fastest intensity brains will get selected in this entrance exam.
The only goal for most of the aspirants are IIM's which have only limited seats. so the competition will be super tough.

A candidate like you should prepare well for this competitive exam.
The parts that you need to concentrate in preparation for CAT Entrance exam is
->Word Power.
->Grammar Skills
->Communication skills.
->Logical thinking skills.
->Trouble shooting skills : not a computer one but humans problems.
->Convincing skills.
->Leadership Qualities.
->Fastest calculation skills.
->Commanding skills.
etc. etc.,

all the graduates having above skills will get though CAT Examination .
all may not be perfect in all the above skills.
but my suggestion to you is to find out the lacking skills in you and increase them simultaneously and vice versa.

Its all in your hands now.
all the very best for your confident attempt.

All the information required by you will be available in this link

www.catiim.in/

One more thing is do not hesitate to take coaching from a good coaching institute because it is the very tough exam. without proper guidance most of the people will waste time in useless attempts.

Regards
19th October 2011, 07:06 PM
Fraction Down

Default Re: What should I do to prepare for CAT Exam?

dear friend,

Some Important Tips for CAT:

1:According to me,maintain a time table to allow yourself to devote minimum 6-8hrs per day for the CAT.

2:Then try to collect the base or main material of any subject.

3:.Study the Syllabus

4:Try to solve the Previous questions papers

5:Try to Solve more and more problems,

6:Try to discover more and more new own tricks by which you can easily solve any problem in a less time .

7:You can go for self tests.

Syllabus for CAT:-

QUANTITATIVE:

Arithmetic-
Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Averages, Percentages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS,Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Installment Payments, Clocks, Calendar,

Algebra-

In-equations , Quadratic and linear equations, functions, Logarithm Geometry, Mensuration and solid Geometry
Geometry (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc),Mensuration, Co-ordinate geometry.

Other Mathematical Topics:

Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Binomial Expansion, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices and Complex numbers, etc.

DATA INTERPRETATION:

Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, Data Sufficiency etc.

REASONING:

Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements, Puzzles, Family tree problem , Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series etc.

ENGLISH:

Comprehension of passage, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word, Errors in word choice, mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Mood, Conditionals & Multiple Usage , Punctuation, Proverb, Phrasal verb etc.

If you have good score in CAT EXAMINATIONS you can take admission in IIM.

ADMISSION PROCESS:

Please note that each IIM shortlists candidates for second stage of selection which may be independent of each other. The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Performance in CAT2011 examination is an important component in the admission process. IIMs may use previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar inputs in short listing and ranking of candidates at various stages of the admission process. The processes, academic cut-offs and the weights allocated to the evaluation parameters may vary across IIMs. For more information you may refer the admissions policies of IIMs from their respective websites

CAT Result and Short-listing

CAT 2011 result will be announced on 11 January 2012 on the CAT website. List of shortlisted candidates for the next level of slection will be made available on the individual IIM websites. Each IIM will send interview letters to the candidates it has short-listed. The criteria for short-listing varies from IIM to IIM. Please visit the admission hotlinks of the respective websites of IIMs for further information.

so,friend try hard for it.best of luck.
15th June 2012, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do to prepare for CAT Exam?

hello i m a dentist .. want to prepare for CAT.. can u plz tell me how to proceed..??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?