11th November 2011, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

What should i prefer among finance in MBA and HR in MBA if I am a mass media student?

if i am an mass media student wht should i prefer among finance in mba or hr in mba

13th November 2011, 06:15 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should i prefer among finance in MBA and HR in MBA if I am a mass media student?

finance in MBA and HR in MBA is almost different although both are management. after HR in MBA you have to mainly join in HR department of MBA where you have to mainly deals with personality development of employee and also you have to work on the recruitment and many other things. you may have to teach the new comer into the company.

after completion of MBA in finance you have to totally deals with the financial work of any company. financial work of any company is not so much easy. you have to work very calmly and you must be sincere.

both this options are very good. but you have to choose one option according to your interest. if you are very sincere and if you like to work very carefully then you may go for MBA in finance otherwise MBA in HR also good option.

i will suggest you first appear in MBA entrance examination. after that according to your rank try to take admission in the best institution for you. there in which branch you will get chance between MBA in HR and MBA in Finance take admission in that branch. if both options are available in the institution then choose any one from these according to your interest.

best of luck.
13th November 2011, 06:22 PM
madhu madne

Thumbs up Re: What should i prefer among finance in MBA and HR in MBA if I am a mass media student?

Hi

I think finance having more value than HR.

so select as per your interest.

ALL THE BEST
13th November 2011, 08:31 PM
VegaSridhar

Default Re: What should i prefer among finance in MBA and HR in MBA if I am a mass media student?

Hi,

MBA HR deals with
  • Payroll
  • HR audit
  • Recruitment
  • Employee retention
  • Training
  • Skills development
  • Talent managmet
  • Change Management

MBA Finance deals with
  • Company Balance sheet
  • Auditing
  • Financial resources identification
  • Tax deduction
  • Profit margin improvement
  • Advisory
  • Control internal finances
  • Responsible for company's financial status
  • In one word he is the financial minister of that company

Both are lucrative fields.But coming to salaries MBA finance guy earns more compared to MBA HR guy. Because finance opportunities are more.International banks,MNC companies and government need efficient finance people.

Better choice is going for a dual degree course (available in IIMs and most B-Schools). Take MBA Finance and HR dual degree specialization. Sometiems the major is finance and other times it is HR.

All the best
13th November 2011, 09:28 PM
gkumar13000

MBA FINANCE IS BEST PREFERRED BY STUDENTS OF COMMERECE
WHILE
MBA HR is most preferred by arts stream students,both the branches of management has good job prospects.
as u r student mass comm go for mba hr ,it will bettrer suit u
thanxs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?