8th October 2018, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

What should I study in Intermediate to become a CBI Officer being a 10th ICSE student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am an ICSE student of 10th standard and preparing for the Board exam. I want to become a CBI Officer. So, I would like to know that what I should study in Intermediate? Please let me know about this immediately!

13th October 2018, 04:08 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I study in Intermediate to become a CBI Officer being a 10th ICSE student?

CBI stands for Central Bureau of Investigation.For becoming CBI officer you need to appear for Combined Graduate Preliminary Exam conducted by Staff Selection Committee.

Eligibility criteria for becoming CBI officer-

1.Candidate should have graduated from a recognised university.
2.Age limit should be between 21 to 27 for general category.
3.Age limit for SC/ST is up to 35 years.

Occur in three stages-
Preliminary teat
Mains
Interview
13th October 2018, 08:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in Intermediate to become a CBI Officer being a 10th ICSE student?

CBI refers to Central Bureau of Investigation and one can join CBI as a Group A officer as well as a Sub-Inspector.

For joining as a Group A CBI officer, you need to join IPS ( Indian Police Service ) by qualifying Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year. Also, for appearing in the same examination, you need to be graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

While, for joining CBI as a Sub-Inspector, you need to qualify SSC CGL examination held by SSC. For appearing in this examination, the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, being a student of Class 10th, you need not have to worry about the selection of stream for your further studies as for becoming a CBI Officer, there is no requirement of a particular stream at any level of academics.

For details about the Civil Services examination, you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in while for details regarding the SSC-CGL examination, you can visit the link www.ssc.nic.in.
13th October 2018, 09:03 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

CBI stands for Central Bureau of Investigation.

~~To become CBI officer, you should apply for Civil Services exam and join Indian Police Services.

~~Bachelor's degree is the minimum academic qualification for this exam.

~~You should be at least 21 years to apply for exam.

~~You should first do 12th then bachelor's degree to become eligible for exam.
14th October 2018, 07:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CBI stands for Central Bureau of Investigation. You can study any stream of your interest at senior secondary level to become CBI officer. Stream does not matter. The selection of officers for CBI is done from Indian Police Services.

IPS officers are selected through Civil Services examination. The minimum academic qualification required for Civil Services exam is bachelor's degree in any stream. The age criteria is 21-32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?