10th May 2017, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

What should I take in PUC?

At present I Am studying in ninth standard.I want to serve as an ias officer in my future.so in my puc should I take commerce / science/ arts.i am confused.plz say which to take

10th May 2017, 03:53 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I take in PUC?

You can choose any stream of your interest as the educational qualification for being an IAS officer is graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

But in my opinion Arts stream will be better for being an IAS officer. Because in arts stream you can read the subjects like political science, history etc in which you will get to read more about general knowledge and general studies.

Thanks
10th May 2017, 04:33 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It is good that you have decided upon what you want to be in the future. Being an IAS officer is a dream for so many candidates but it is very difficult to achieve it.

As your goal is to become IAS officer, you can choose stream in your PUC as per your interest between Science and Commerce.

Because candidates from both the streams are eligible to become IAS officers. And there will be both Commerce and Science subjects in the list of optional subjects for IAS Exam.

The selection process consists of 3 levels
-CSAT Exam (Civil Services Preliminary)
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

Required age criteria is as follows :
Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-32 years
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category

Number of attempts :
Maximum of 6 attempts for the candidates of General category
Maximum of 9 attempts for the candidates of OBC category
No limit on number of attempts for SC/ST category.

I suggest you to start preparation for IAS from the very beginning of your Graduation so that there is a scope for you to crack the selection procedure so easily.
10th May 2017, 04:47 PM
ranu shahi

Candidate will take any of the stream in between science/ commerce/ arts. In the UPSC entrance exam, the candidates must have the graduation degree with any certified colleges or university.
And the candidate must be the citizen of india under the age of 32 for general categories, 35 for OBC and 37 for SC/ST.
10th May 2017, 06:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The minimum qualification required to apply for IAS entrance examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Candidates from all discipline are eligible to apply for this examination. The minimum age limit to apply for this examination is 21 years.

The selection of stream at 10+2 and bachelor's degree level must be done on basis of interest of candidate. Suppose if you are interested in science stream subjects then you an opt for Science stream at 12th and bachelor's degree level. All streams are good, what matters is your interest in that stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?