22nd June 2019, 12:22 AM
DR.SWETA RASTOGI

What should be the maximum age criteria to apply for UPSC, 2020 exam session?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a General category student. I was born on 16th January, 1988. Please let me know if I am eligible for UPSC, 2020 exam session attempt or not?

23rd June 2019, 05:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be the maximum age criteria to apply for UPSC, 2020 exam session?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and as the full form suggests it is a commission that conducts different examination for recruitment of personnels in different central government services rather than an examination itself.

But, in general term UPSC examination is used for the Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year for the selection of candidates as various administrative officers such as IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. and that must be the case in your query too as per my assumption for answering your query.

The age limit to apply for the Civil Services examination 2020 is 21 years to 32 years as on 01.08.2020 for general category candidates. Further, there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination or any other examination conducted by UPSC, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?