19th September 2020, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

What should be the minimum score in degree course to be eligible for UGC NET?

Hi, I have completed my degree course unfortunately I scored three marks less to make upto 55%. So, am I eligible to apply and write the UGC NET/JRF examination for the upcoming session?

22nd September 2020, 07:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be the minimum score in degree course to be eligible for UGC NET?

For appearing in UGC NET held by NTA, the minimum education required is a Master's degree course (in the optional subject selected for appearing in the same examination) with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category candidates.

So, having managed less than 55% marks in Master's degree course even by 3 marks, you will be not eligible for appearing in the same examination unless you belong to SC/ST or PH category candidate.

For complete details regarding the UGC NET, you can refer to its official website i.e; www.ntanet.nic.in .
24th September 2020, 12:46 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should be the minimum score in degree course to be eligible for UGC NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have completed my degree course unfortunately I scored three marks less to make upto 55%. So, am I eligible to apply and write the UGC NET/JRF examination for the upcoming session?
If the candidate belong to General/ EWS,then the candidate must score 55% aggregate in Master’s Degree or Equivalent Degree.
If it is ST/ SC/ OBC/ PwD/ Transgender,then 50% aggregate in Master’s Degree or Equivalent Degree..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?