18th August 2020, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

What to study after 10th to be eligible to join Indian Army at Officer post?

Sir, I have passed class 10th Board exams and I got 51% and I have a dream to join Indian Army at an Officer post. So, what should I study? Which stream should I opt in 11th and 12th? And, what about courses after Intermediate?

20th August 2020, 04:25 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study after 10th to be eligible to join Indian Army at Officer post?

To become an officer in Indian Army, you do not need to be worried about the stream to be opted for your academic degree courses as for the Indian Army wing of Defense services candidate from any stream holding required minimum qualification are eligible.

Further, to become an Officer in Indian Army, you are required to qualify NDA (National Defence Academy) Examination or CDS (Combined Defense Services) Examination. One can also become Officer through Short Service Commission through TES (Technical Entry Scheme) and UES (University Entry Scheme).

For complete details regarding different types of entries available in Indian Army for the post of Commissioned Officer, you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
20th August 2020, 11:50 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study after 10th to be eligible to join Indian Army at Officer post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have passed class 10th Board exams and I got 51% and I have a dream to join Indian Army at an Officer post. So, what should I study? Which stream should I opt in 11th and 12th? And, what about courses after Intermediate?
For joining Indian Army, you can appear for defence exams after 12th. Some of those defence exams include NDA (National Defence Academy), TES 10+2, etc.

After 10th, you can take any stream for 11th and 12th standard to be eligible for NDA Exam. But if you are willing to appear for TES 10+2, then you must have PCM stream (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) in 10+2.

So, better you opt for PCM stream in 10+2 to be eligible for both the defence exams.

Academic requirements:
For TES 10+2, you must have at least aggregate of 70% marks in all three subjects (i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
For NDA, you must have passed 10+2 in any stream. There is no such percentage requirement.

For applying UPSC NDA exam, you can visit this site: http://upsconline.nic.in/
For applying TES 10+2, you can visit this site: https://joinindianarmy.nic.in/
21st August 2020, 08:26 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an officer in Indian Army, you have to appear and qualify in NDA examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Examination is conducted in two stages - Written and SSB.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?