12th January 2018, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

What to study after 12th which will form base for becoming an IPS officer in future?

I am studying in class 12 now and very much fascinated to become an IPS officer. Please, guide me in which way I can prepare myself from now only. Which course should I take after 12th which will found a base for me for appearing for IPS exams? How should I plan from now only?

15th January 2018, 06:06 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study after 12th which will form base for becoming an IPS officer in future?

The minimum education qualification required for appearing in IPS (Indian Police Officer) examination is graduation degree from any well recognized institute. So, you shall apply for graduation course in any stream as per your interest to meet the minimum education qualification. It is better to go for three years graduation course rather than four years bachelor's degree because both bring you in same platform in different durations.
Beside education, you must have to take care of your physical fitness also. You have to meet the below mentioned physical fitness criteria to qualify the medical fitness test:

Height: 165 cm for male candidates and 150 cm for female candidates.
Chest: Minimum 84 cm, expansion 5 cm for male candidates and Min 79 cm, expansion 5 cm for female candidates.
Eyesight: 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

You can prepare well for this examination by following the below tips:
Make a study plan.
Be dedicated on your schedule and also take care of health.
Make short notes for revision at last hour.
Practice previous paper for time management and exam pattern.
15th January 2018, 06:31 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study after 12th which will form base for becoming an IPS officer in future?

For appearing in Civil Service examination the required qualification is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The candidates from science, arts, commerce,medical and other courses appearing and qualify in it.

The optional paper also plays an important role in qualifying and scoring better in Mains ( second stage ).

So, I will advice you to select the stream and discipline in which you have more interest.
15th January 2018, 07:41 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

After completing 12th you have to pursue graduation. You can pursue graduation in any stream like-
Arts
Science
Commerce
BBA
BCA etc.

You need to join coaching classes for preparation of IPS examination. you should continue studies regularly without discontinuity.
15th January 2018, 07:42 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I am pleased with your fascination to become an I.P.S Officer but along with determination you have to do hard work with dedication and devotion to qualify in Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

From now you can pursue NCERT books and The Hindu after completion you can pursue recommended books for various subject to qualify in examination.
15th January 2018, 11:47 PM
stutiswet2

If you want to become IPS Officer in future, you will have to appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam after graduation. After 12th, you can do graduation from any specialization to be eligible for IPS exam. Pursue graduation from that specialization so that it could benefit you in becoming IPS. IPS recruitment require physical fitness from candidate. So, do graduation in that specialization which should maintain your physical fitness and involve sports in it.
17th January 2018, 06:43 PM
Ramabai L

A candidate who wants to become an Indian Police Service(IPS) should complete their degree course then you are eligible to apply for the exam CSE Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC.

IPS is one of the CSE with the physical requirements like height, eyesight, without any medical issues, etc. Age limit 21-32 age relaxation is given.

It contains three level of exams

- Preliminary exam,
- Main Exam
- The interview is the final stage. UPSC announced the IPS exam syllabus for this year.

Thank You.

Last edited by Ramabai L; 30th January 2018 at 05:20 AM. Reason: i have to follow the guidelines by deleting unwanted words
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?