25th October 2019, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

What to study and how to become an Astronaut?

Hello Sir, I want to become an Astronaut. Now I am studying in 12th from Science stream with PCM subject combination. So, please give me some guide lines like about courses after 12th which leads me to become an Astronaut.

2nd November 2019, 06:41 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study and how to become an Astronaut?

Since, you wish to become Astronaut so you will have to pursue higher studies in Aeronautical or Space Science related branch.

Other than Aeronautical or Space Science, you can also choose Computer Science, Mechanical, ECE, etc. to boost your career towards becoming Astronaut.

Since, you are pursuing 12th standard with PCM, so while studying you can apply for entrance exams (like BITSAT, JEE Main, UPSEE, VITEE, etc.) for pursuing engineering.

After qualifying entrance exams, you will have to choose above mentioned branches (Aerospace, Aeronautical, Space Science are more preferable) during counselling.

In the final year of your graduation, you can apply for GATE exam or you can separately apply for ISRO, BARC entrance exams.

After qualifying above exams, you can get into space-oriented organizations. After working there for a number of years, you can become Astronaut on the basis of your skills and interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?