18th June 2012, 02:10 PM

What is UGC NET syllabus for English Literature?

what is the ugc net syllabus for english literature 2012...pelase tell me what is it

19th June 2012, 02:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is UGC NET syllabus for English Literature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10140139 View Post
what is the ugc net syllabus for english literature 2012...pelase tell me what is it

~~~ SYLLABUS FOR NET EXAM FOR ENGLISH SUBJECT ~~~

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC.The exam is conducted once in June & once in December.

Those candidate have completed Masters Degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.Your masters degree marks must be above 55% .

I have attached the Syllabus for NET exam for English department so please check it out.

For online application you can visit to http://www.ugc.ac.in/

Attached Files
File Type: pdf ENGLISH NET SYLLABUS.PDF(176.0 KB, 288 views)
19th June 2012, 10:44 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

To give the NET exam you need to complete your master degree with minimum 55% of marks.

For the junior research fellowship post you should be minimum 28 years of age

For lectureship there is no upper age limit.

I have attached the syllabus for english. Please go through this one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 30.pdf(176.0 KB, 157 views)
19th June 2012, 11:16 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10140139 View Post

NET exam is conducted by the University Grant Commission for those candidates who are interested in lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

To apply for the same the General candidates have to pay an examination fee of Rs. 450/- the OBC non creamy layer candidates will have to pay Rs.225/- and the schedule caste / schedule tribe/ Physically handicapped / visually handicapped candidates have to pay an examination fee of Rs.110/-

The exam consist of 3 papers. In the first session Paper 1 and 2 are conducted and in second session paper 3 will be conducted.

Paper 2 and 3 will be of English in your case.

Paper 2 consist of 50 questions of 2 marks each, all questions are compulsory.
The duration of the paper 2 will be 1¼ Hours. It will thus be a 100 marks paper.

After a break of 1.5 hour from 1:30 pm Paper 3 will start.
Paper 3 consist of 75 questions of 2 marks each, all questions are compulsory.
The paper is of 150 marks and 2.5 hours are provided for it.

All the questions in all the 3 papers will be objective type even in paper 3 as per the new examination pattern announced by University Grant Commission.

For passing the Paper 2 the General candidates must secure a minimum of 40 marks which means 40% of the total marks
and the the OBC non creamy layer candidates , the schedule caste , schedule tribe, Physically handicapped and
visually handicapped candidate candidates must secure a minimum of 35 marks which means 35% of the total marks

For passing the Paper 3 the General candidates must secure a minimum of 75 marks which means 50% of the total marks
and the the OBC non creamy layer candidates must secure a minimum of 67.5 marks rounded of to 68 marks which means 45% of the total marks
and the schedule caste , schedule tribe, Physically handicapped and visually handicapped candidate candidates must secure a minimum of 60 marks which means 40% of the total marks

I am attaching the Syllabus of the english Paper. it will be different for paper one and paper two. In the attachment a note is given about the pattern. But the pattern has changed since only objective type questions are given now. Also there will be some sample questions for practicing
Attached Files
File Type: pdf net english sylabus.pdf(176.0 KB, 200 views)
24th June 2012, 03:06 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend...!!

->The exam consist of 3 papers.

-> In the first session Paper 1 and 2 are conducted and in second session paper 3 will be conducted.

->Paper 2 and 3 will be of English in your case.

->Paper 2 consist of 50 questions of 2 marks each, all questions are compulsory.

->The duration of the paper 2 will be 1¼ Hours. It will thus be a 100 marks paper.

->After a break of 1.5 hour from 1:30 pm Paper 3 will start.

->Paper 3 consist of 75 questions of 2 marks each, all questions are compulsory.

->The paper is of 150 marks and 2.5 hours are provided for it.

thank u..!!

all the best..!!
9th September 2012, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Plz help for the syllabus of english asper.. Newpattern
26th October 2013, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

ugcnet english syllabus and why books to refer for dec 2013 exam
23rd December 2013, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

yes i have question, may a student who has appred in p.g first are eligible
for net
22nd April 2014, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

What are the subjects to study? I've completed M.A english literature.. marks obtain for each.. pls tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?