7th January 2019, 04:48 PM
Shital Nadgire

What is the upper age limit for UPSC exam? Any relaxation for OBC candidates?

My date of birth is 5th May 1987 and I belong to OBC caste category. I want to crack UPSC exam in 2021. So, can I give UPSC exam in the year 2021? I am housewife and I have 2 children of age 6. Please tell me can I crack successfully in 2021?

13th January 2019, 11:45 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the upper age limit for UPSC exam? Any relaxation for OBC candidates?

First thing I would like to let you know is that UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is a commission rather than being an examination itself. But, in general UPSC examination is used to refer to the Civil Services examination which too is conducted by UPSC once every year and which might be the case in your query too.

Further, the age limit to appear in the Civil Services examination is 21 years to 32 years in case of general category candidates. Upper age limit relaxation is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

So, being a candidate belonging to OBC category, the upper age limit in your case is 35 years and therefore being born on 5th May 1987, you can appear in the Civil Services examination 2021 as far as the age limit to appear in the same examination is concerned.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination or any other examinations held by UPSC, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
13th January 2019, 10:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the upper age limit for UPSC exam? Any relaxation for OBC candidates?

You are eligible to appear for UPSC Civil Service Examination in 2021 as per the required qualification to appear for the examination.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC in three stages. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years for general category there is relaxation of 3 years in upper age limit for OBC.

For syllabus and other details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th January 2019, 01:06 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC. The eligibility is that :-

Educational Qualification - Bachelor degree in any discipline.

Age limit - 21-32 years for general candidates.

The upper age limit is 35 years to appear for the examination. The examination is conducted in three stages.

So, you are eligible to appear for the examination.
14th January 2019, 10:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category to appear for Civil Service Examination.

It is conducted ever year. The examination is conducted in three stages.

Educational qualification - Bachelor degree.

Age Limit - 21 -32 years ( Unreserved ), 21 -35 years ( OBC ) and 21-37 years ( SC/ST ).

So, you can appear the examination next year.
15th January 2019, 08:19 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The age limit for Union Public Service Commission Civil Services exam is calculated on 1st August of year.

1. The general age limit is 21-32 years for this exam. It is relaxed by three years for OBC and five years for SC/ST candidates. It means for OBC candidate, it is 35 years.

On 1st August, 2021, you will be 34 years 2 months 27 days, you can apply for the examination.
15th January 2019, 10:54 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. It is constitutional body which conducts various examination at national level. From my point of view, you are asking about Civil Services examination.

The age limit for open category candidates is 21-32 years. It is relaxed by three years for OBC and five years for SC/ST candidates. You can apply for 2021 exam as per your age limit.
15th January 2019, 01:53 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

There is relaxation in age limit for reserved category . The three stages of examination are :-

Preliminary.

Mains.

Interview.

The age limit for OBC candidates is 21-35 years. So, as per your D.O.B you are eligible to appear for the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?